Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Assistant on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went through all materials, video, docs and Google Assistant is nowhere to be mentioned, contrarily to Alexa. Shall I remind that Fitbit is a Google Company?

Fitbit, what's happening to you???

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

That's not an answer...its an excuse....If anyone puts out a 2.0 version, of anything,  most would expect it to provide, at a minimum   the functions of the predicesor and then improve on such.  This is not a Sense 2, it's a Sense Light...shame on such miss leading marketing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guy_

they did announce google assistant as being available. It was all over the front page during preorder (that has since been scrubbed, like this thread that many can confirm, presumably because of all the backlash) Google Assistant and Alexa were pictured right with the watch.

Also, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense-2/No-Google-Assistant-on-Sense-2/m-p/5247309/highlight/true#M8...

can see the assistant logo clearly. While the best answer NOW is what @Dopovo said. It is very poor for those that PREORDERED the watch based on what was listed on the site. What is even more ridiculous is that they wouldnt return everything in the order for a full refund, at first. Like how in the heck am I suppose to take advantage of the warranty IF I returned the stupid watch? or the premium service? Come on theres been a number of mistakes here, and to say otherwise is just foolish. 

I no longer need to see this topic anymore (turning off notifications), good bye Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit/Google. I fully expect this post to be moderated too, but wont be around to see, good luck you all. This is exactly how you lose customers, regardless of how innovative you are.

Best Answer

HI @tillithz - they announced voice assistant [which means Alexa only] see the current situation still

Guy__0-1669571960426.png

The "minus" it turns out means Google Assistant won't be available on these watches and @Dopovo warned users.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@tillithz you are wrong. The first question we started asking on the day one when this forum was opened was whether Google Assistant would be a feature on Sense 2. There was no mentioning GA anywhere in promo materials (as well as anything about music or music controls).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mrc1984 - as notified early here there is some implied expectation by issuing a new version of an existing product instead of giving it another name to avoid confusions.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There definitely have been some contradictions in marketing/communication (Google Assistant logo in help documentation in app, Agenda app in the app list, snore detection feature in app when it's actually not available, the info page mentioning the Fitbit App Gallery when setting up the watch) from Fitbit itself regarding features of the Sense 2 / Versa 4. Of course, most of them have now been edited. But if you ask me, it adds credence to the speculation that the Sense 2 / Versa 4 were initially intended to be proper upgrades to their predecessors but Google vetoed most of those decisions.

The "Feature Suggestions" board gives the illusion of a customer feedback but in reality most of even the reasonable, do-able requests just get ignored by corporate. Dark mode on Fitbit app. Weather and Relax apps on the Charge 5. It's rather frustrating. Ultimately it seems the best thing we as consumers can do is to vote/signal with our wallets. 

I can't help but wonder if CEO James Park cares about what's happening. I guess not, since being under Google now means he gets a fat paycheck no matter what.

What is Fitbit's future?

Best Answer

Just got my Fitbit Sense 2 and...oh and big bummer. I thought it's obvious and redundant to ask if Google Fit and Google Assistant is an available feature? Oh was I wrong almost started to cry. Anyway, since the topic about Google Fit integration isalready 4 years old and a corresponding feature suggestion thread is locked, making it impossible to ask questions: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integration-with-Google-Fit/idi-p/350820

I started this thread to ask questions:

How is the state and plans of Google Fit integration with Fitbit Sense2/Android/Pixel Phone?

How is the state and plans of Google Assistent integration with Sense 2?

Best Answer

There is an integration using Google Health Connect, see Integrate Fitbit with Android Health Connect So you can sync data to Google Fit.

Google Assistant on the Sense 2 isn't planned for now as mentioned here Google Assistant on Sense 2 but you can always vote for the suggestion. Who knows... 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

Thank you, I wasn't aware Android Health Connect was integrated. Great!

Best Answer

Hello, several months ago now for this thread. Do you have plans now for the newest sense to be software updated with Google Assistant?

I am planning to buy the sense 2, but this is a stopper. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hejhejfit Fitbit never signalled any intention of adding Google Assistant and that hasn't changed. If you want GA, avoid Sense 2.

Best Answer

Thanks. Not logical for a model that suppose to be an update. 

Anyway. Speculation. Either they want to clean out the previous model since that model got GA and update the sense 2 later OR Google want to sell more of the mother brand instead with GA. 

I will avoid probably 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I didn't know that!

My original Sense had to be replaced (exactly 1 year after activating it, are they self destructing?) and I had the choice to order a replacement or a rebate on a new one. I click on the rebate option to look at the sense 2 as I wanted to keep up with the technology and as soon as I did that i lost the free replacement option. So I decided to order a Sense 2 thinking I'm keeping up with the newer technologies but all I read about now are numerous downgrades from the original device, the google assistant being one. Aren't you a google company? It's really odd that it supports Alexa but not google assistant.

It's twice now that I have a disappointing Google experience while purchasing (The Pixel 6 being the first one but I'm stuck paying for it for another year and a half). I've bought/owned Several Google and Fitbit products for an extended period of time, Fitbit since the launch actually but it seems that lately, user experience and quality of the product  is the least of their worries and money is more important than anything (I mean, the price of that thing is way too high for what it is now)

Best Answer

That's makes no sense why get rid of all of the things that made the sense a great device. Your downgrading the software that made us love the sense in the first place . I am completely disatisfied with this decision and I will return my sense 2 and keep using my original sense. 

Best Answer

my first Alexa smart speaker just showed up, maybe it is time to to change out my entire eco system...thanks Google!

Best Answer

Hey Google - please get your act together and stop aggravating your customers. Tell us why the Sense 2 doesn't come with Google Assistant. Why is the Google Play Store charging more for the Charge 5 and the Sense 2 than through fitbit.com. Why is the Charge 5 out of stock on the Google Play Store but not on Fitbits website. Why??????

Again, you guys need to step up your game and start treating customers the same way you'd like to be treated yourself. These choices scream that the left and and the right hand don't even know they exist.

It's crazy to think that the previous Sense had Google assistant but the Sense 2 doesn't. But wait, you can use Alexa??? This makes absolutely no sense to me or anyone else. Why the heck did I buy 10 Google Home Minis only to find I can't use your own service on your OWN products.

We deserve answers, don't ya think??????

Best Answer

Totally agree with you Webauthor but they don't answer, guess they just have better things to do then concern themselves with customers.  You may not recall but this smartwatch evolution all started, for me anyway, with a Pebble.  Pebble was a fantastic lil piece of tech, for it's time, did all kinds of wonders with no issues and at a reasonable price.  Then Pebble got bought out by Fitbit,  Ftibit had issues with their subsequent products, like removing features  but they seem to manage to get this issue sorted, eventually, culminating in  the Sense 1.

No one hears of Pebble anymore....with this latest Sense 2 move by Google, one wonders if Fitbit will suffer the same fate....hmmmm

Best Answer

Hi all,

Just so you know, I already filled out a request to have Google Assistant added internally.  While I do not know what will become of that request, Fitbit is now aware.

In the meantime, you can vote for the idea here .

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is ridiculous.  How is thus acceptable?  Returning my watch and done with fitbit. 

Best Answer

Dear @DramaQueenDiva , kindly keep us updated about the progress of your request as I'm afraid you're our only hope at this point. Thanks.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes