Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Exercise Event Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please ADD to the exercise function a way to start and stop recording exercise events but not requiring goal or interval guidance. I would like to start 'recording' a specific exercise, do my workout, then end it, and have all the data captured for that event. I do not want to be forced to set goals or stick to strict interval routines. And because of these two forced routes, the exercise app will cancel/end before I have completed or record events incorrectly. I do my workouts with trainers and goals change daily, even intervals change DURING the workout....
My prior versa lite had this feature(start/stop, no goals/interval requirements). I loved it. I could record my yoga sessions (movement without intensity).... it captured everything lovely.... But my replacement Sense 2 has been a giant headache. Not recording, not auto-detecting, two calls to customer service.... And in order to use my fitbit, i have to shut off auto-detect exercise, start the exercise app, do my workout, then manually go in and alter every time to 'fit' closer to the timeframe of the workout. Or manually do a 'log previous' just to get my yoga sessions entered. This is beyond annoying and absolutely angering. 
Please bring back the option to just capture and not GUIDE or FORCE GOALS on the exercise app. Maybe even add Kettlebells, and YOGA..... PLEASE.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is there just as you want in the Exercise App.  I just went to the Exercise App, tapped All, scrolled down to Yoga, selected it, tapped Start, went a while, then when done, swiped up as indicated by the up arrow at bottom of screen and tapped End; Presto. Don't see the problem. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It is there just as you want in the Exercise App.  I just went to the Exercise App, tapped All, scrolled down to Yoga, selected it, tapped Start, went a while, then when done, swiped up as indicated by the up arrow at bottom of screen and tapped End; Presto. Don't see the problem. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Ooop! I see the Yoga option. Opened it up and it does allow recording without a goal/interval requirement. Will figure out how to update the post to remove the yoga references. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

But it's not just yoga.  You can do any workout like that.  What is the workout type you want that us making you choose a goal?

Are you doing Interval Workout?  I've never tried that but can't imagine it requires a goal.

Best Answer

JohnnyRow, I am a giant bafoon.
I looked at the types of exercises I do on the app. And you are right. All the ones I checked are just trackers without goal/interval leading. Except for HIIT, which IS interval training. I just wasn't using the correct exercise option to record the workout data.

I contacted customer support the 1st time because it wasn't recording ANYTHING after 4 days, so there was originally a problem. They suggested restarting the fitbit and moving it higher up my arm. Since then, it has been more steadily recording my data (not 100% of the time, but i can see if it's a placement thing and/or restart the fitbit and it kicks back on capturing data). After figuring out that, my next class, which was a HIIT, the fitbit didn't auto-detect any exercise, so I contacted customer service as they directed. They had me shut off auto-detect exercise, which is fine. Then rep suggested I post here about not being able to manually capture without mandatory interval/goal setting but it seems the rep and myself just didn't understand the options and functionality. So this post was all just code 304: Operator error.

So, thank you for the patience whilst dealing with my uneducated madness!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem.  The more options available, sometimes the more options to make mistakes before figuring everything out. It takes us all a while to master it all.

Many people do not understand, or do not even want to be aware of, the different ways to record exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes