Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Sleep stages/Sleep score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I've switched to a Versa instead of a fitness tracker (Inspire HR) I've issues with receiving Sleep Stages/score. Just started with a new Sense 2 last week and it starts all over again annoyingly. Wearing the band same as always but most of the time I received standard sleep monitoring. In the app it says no consisted heart rate but heart rate monitoring does work.

And I am very aware of the standard tips and suggestions: 

General tips sleep stages  

I am really hoping on some new and more detailed suggestions. 

PSX_20221006_095616.jpg

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have this same issue!  I didn't change the way I was wearing it at night and I've had 5 nights in a row with basic sleep info.  It also tells me it can't get a consistent heart rate, but my heart rate info shows it has a reading consistently.  I've also tried all the suggested fixes and it doesn't change.  I've had the sense 2 for 19 days total and 6 of them I've had basic sleep scores (the 2nd night and the last 5).  So frustrating. 

Best Answer

Receiving Sleep Stages/Score is a real struggle. Personally I have the most 'luck' by placing my Sense 2 two fingers away from my wrist bone. It's trail and error with the Fitbit wrist strap not to tight/loose. And my latest discovery is making sure my skin is not too dry (rubbing in some skin lotion on my wrist every morning). And now I received a Sleep Score for the last 10 days. 

I really hope you can find the right way to get it working for you too! 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

Didn't have any problem with the sleep score when I received the Sense 2 Sept. 24th. However 4 days ago I had AFIB warnings during the night sleeping but also had only basic sleep data with no sleep score. Before the next night I cleaned the sensors on the watch and also the skin where the watch sits 1 finger above the wrist bone. Since then no problem with sleep score as well as no AFIB warnings. However, it still feels that the whole Sense 2 experience is more or less like a rushed alpha version product.

Best Answer

I'm glad that you have found had better luck the last 10 days.  I have also tried all those suggestions.  I will try to move it even farther up my arm tonight and put lotion on to see if that helps.  I just don't understand how it says it can't get a consistent Heart Rate when I look at the heart rate tracking and it has info for the entire night.  My resting heart rate is really low (like 36) when I sleep, but it worked just fine for several nights with that low of a reading.  The last few nights my heart rate has been more sporadic and so maybe it can't interpret it into sleep stages?  I'm just not sure.  The nights you didn't get a sleep stage was your heart rate consistently around one rate and the other nights you didn't get a sleep stage your heart rate more all over the place also?  Just curious!  Thanks! 

Best Answer

My resting heart rate and heart rate during the night has been rather stable the whole time. Can't really connect this to not receive a sleep score. Keep me posted on your progress. 

Best Answer

@RonaldM I tried your suggestion of lotion and wearing it higher up on my arm last night and I still got the basic results. It didn't seem to move even that high up and wasn't too tight or loose.  I'm not sure what else I can try.   This is now 6 days in a row.  I'm getting frustrated....as I know you were.  

Best Answer