Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Weather App Inconsistencies

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit Community & Developers/Moderators!

I have used Fitbit devices for years and am very familiar with the technology. I literally just upgraded from the Versa 3 to the Sense 2. Besides being an outstanding fitness tracker, a key feature of mine is the Weather App. With the Versa 3, as soon as you opened the Weather App the device would grab my location, get the latest weather, and download it. When you viewed the weather it would say "Updated 0m ago". It was very convenient to just look at the current weather conditions on my watch without having to open up my phone. I truly was current weather data.

The Sense 2 is not working that way at all. When you open the weather app it sometimes says "no weather data available" or it will say anything from "Updated 10m ago" to over 100 minutes ago. Nothing... including manually syncing the watch will get it to update until it decides to do so by itself. I have tried 2 factory resets, removed the Fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled it, toggled the permissions many times (which are all on) and of course verified that location services is set to "Always" on my phone. Just to verify it's the Sense 2, I "Forgot" the Sense 2 and reinstalled the Versa3. The Versa 3 works fine, always pulling the current data when bringing up the Weather App. Customer Support was not very helpful. They had me restart the watch, verified permission settings and said try it for a few days. I seriously think there is a firmware issue with my Sense 2 or it's defective, the Fitbit app has a bug as it relates to the Sense 2.

I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 16.3. Any help would be very much appreciated. I love Fitbit, but very disappointed with my recent purchase of the Sense 2.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@LZeeW-

@LZeeW wrote:

I say up until an hour ago, because I decided to uninstall the Weather app.

As the Weather APP is part of the watch distribution and not normally uninstallable - were you able to uninstall the Weather APP or just the tile?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_   I had an uninstall option on my app.  I revoked all my permissions, uninstalled it, and removed the tile.  And I'm not looking back.

I don't understand the point of your photo from v 3.51.1.  That version is from 2021, before the Sense 2 was released.  Of course it won't work.  But there is no need to answer the question.  I'm done with Fitbit weather until this is fixed.

@t.parker   @Run1994  @lovefit71 I contacted Fitbit through an internal channel and can confirm that Fitbit is aware of this problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW- the point of 3.51.1 is to indicate that the Sense 2 is not backward compatible, so it is a new development and to indicate to anyone using an old app version that it doesn't work.

Curiously, on Android there is no uninstall possibility in the Weather app but it's possible to uninstall the Weather tile. As it is working don't wish to see if it also removes the app.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem. I went to the google playstore and added the app accuweather to my phone, then I synced my fitbit to my phone. Now on my Sense2 it displays accurate weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes