Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 won't record sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve owned many Fitbits, most recently the Ionic (for 6 years), loved it, loved how it recorded all of my sleep stages. 
I decided to upgrade my watch and and stay in the Fitbit family, so I bought a Sense 2. However, it doesn’t record the sleep stages and give me a sleep number like my Ionic did for years. I read into this and read I needed to be a Premium member, so, I became a Premium member…but, my Sense 2 still is not recording my sleep stages. (Very frustrating) I’ve read so much, tried different things and still cannot resolve the problem and get the watch to record my sleep stages and give me a sleep number. (About ready to return my watch)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul, I never used a Ionic myself but since owning a Versa and now the Sense 2 receiving Sleep Stages/Score is a real struggle. And a premium subscription isn't needed. First I'll share the usual solutions mentioned here and by Fitbit support: General troubleshooting Sleep Score

But personally I have the most 'luck' by placing my Sense 2 two fingers away from my wrist bone. It's trail and error with the Fitbit wrist strap not to tight/loose. And my latest discovery is making sure my skin is not too dry (rubbing in some skin lotion on my wrist every morning). And now I get mostly 5 out of 7 days my Sleep Score. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Paul, I never used a Ionic myself but since owning a Versa and now the Sense 2 receiving Sleep Stages/Score is a real struggle. And a premium subscription isn't needed. First I'll share the usual solutions mentioned here and by Fitbit support: General troubleshooting Sleep Score

But personally I have the most 'luck' by placing my Sense 2 two fingers away from my wrist bone. It's trail and error with the Fitbit wrist strap not to tight/loose. And my latest discovery is making sure my skin is not too dry (rubbing in some skin lotion on my wrist every morning). And now I get mostly 5 out of 7 days my Sleep Score. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your quick reply Ron, at this point, I’ll try anything…I’d consider myself technically Davy, but, this thing has really challenged me. 

I never had any problems with my Ionic…my skin is typically normal, I’ll try to move it up and I read turning it towards me might help too. (I’ll try to make it not too tight or too loose too). 

Thank you -

Paul

Best Answer

Hi Ron - very frustrating…moved my watch toward me, moved it away from my wrist, still didn’t work…perhaps looser? It was already pretty loose…but, I’ll try that tonight 

Best Answer

Hey Paul, thank you for the update. I totally understand your feelings. I can only say again I wear it two fingers away from my wrist bone, loose but the wristband isn't able to 'move' to easily. And again the skin ointment (wishful thinking I guess), is one of my 'tricks'. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ronald -

Since moving my Sense 2 up my arm (toward my elbow) and keeping it a tiny bit looser...I've had 4 out of 4 nights of it working. Thank you for the advice...(I had no need to put any lotion or ointment on)

Thank you -

Paul

Best Answer

Amazing Paul, thank you for the update! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paulsaint how far up your arm are you wearing it at night?  I'm having the same issue.  No stages the last 6 nights, even though I didn't change anything and was getting the stages for 5 nights before that.  (I've only had the watch less than a month).  I'm getting really frustrated as I know you were.  I tried Ron's tip of lotion and higher up my arm last night, but still didn't work.  I'm just wondering how far up I should try?? 

Best Answer