Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think about the sense 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been thinking of getting a Google Pixel Watch, but the smaller screen and, especially, the battery life of 24 hours max (seems to be way less than that for most users) is a turn off. I see that the Sense 2 is on sale for $200. I know reviews haven't been great but I was wondering if it's worth getting at $200.

I'm not wanting something super fancy. I want to track my health stats, connect my messages, discord, and Microsoft outlook to the watch for notifications, and take calls on it (which I think the Sense 2 will have later on).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @budvesota.

The Sense 2 lacks a few smart features that the Pixel watch has (and even the original Sense). The main ones are a lack of the ability to install 3rd party apps and also the exclusion of Google assistant. Although as you pointed out, the battery life of the Sense 2 vs the Pixel watch is much better. I guess you need to decide what is important to you and decided upon which watch would suit your personal needs more.

Personally I favour battery life and couldn't manage with the 1 day of the Pixel watch. So for me it would be the Fitbit. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

In short: no. Buy a garmin or apple watch if u have an iphone. that two company makes real smartwatches. Fitbit sadly no more does the same 😞

Best Answer

The writing on the wall looks as if third party app support may be dwindling away for all fitbits. 

Best Answer

Also keep in mind that if using the watch to pay via NFC (with Google Wallet) is something you want, the Sense 2 is currently broken in this regard.  Hasn't worked since January based on what I've seen on this message board.   I get updates every few days from support saying they're "still investigating" ... but bottom line is, this feature does NOT work at present and who knows if it ever will.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Sense 2 is a fail. It doesn't register actual heart rate during a workout which renders it worthless. It's been available for a while now, and since an update hasn't fixed the issue I'm guessing it never will get fixed. Wish I'd kept my original Sense...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sense 2 is a huge disappointment, I was lucky that I got mine on eBay for $100. I’m going to sell it and wait for the Apple Watch 9. Which hopefully will have a better battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, the Sense 2 has been a huge disappointment.  The heart rate tracking is very poor, especially with exercise.  Since many other functions rely on heart rate, this renders much of the health and fitness data meaningless.  Plus, there are quite a number of bugs, which Fitbit/Google shows no interest in fixing.  I am seriously looking at a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5.  I know the battery won't last as long, but it is getting good reviews on heart rate accuracy, and is loaded with other features.  I may not use them all, but if I don't use all of the fancy stuff, the battery may last a bit longer.  Garmin has a good reputation as well, but they seem focused on particular sports, while I need mostly health and fitness tracking.  Of course, Apple Watch gets good reviews, except for battery life, but I am not an Apple user.  I think that Google bought Fitbit with the intention of scavenging its best features to use in Pixel, and they are killing the Fitbit line.  I don't want to continue supporting this company if I can avoid it.  

Best Answer

I second Guy_'s response. Went through 3 Sense 2's then found Garmin. The Venu 2 Plus is amazing.

Best Answer

I have both the Sense 2 and the Pixel Watch.  Honestly, I love my Pixel Watch much more than my Sense 2.  I got the Sense 2 first after having fallen in love with the original Sense. but I found it lacked some major features that I need due to my job.  The lack of Google Assistant was another major factor for me, as I am a HUGE Google fan and I even volunteer with them.  To not have one of the features that I'm supposed to be assisting with on the watch was a huge setback.

The Pixel Watch, however, is my dream watch.  It has everything I could ever want and then some!  As far as the lack of battery life, I can get mine to last about 36 hours.  I even forgot my charger at work during a blizzard once and I still had about 36% battery left when I got to work and charged it the next day.  I forgot to charge it again this week and I woke up with it at 24% battery.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was contemplating the same shift ergo getting a Venu 2 plus.  Also since I am iPhone user it really was only going to be an Apple Watch, Fitbit or a Garmin.    I have a work phone where I have a Samsung GW4 which is a great watch but I do not use android regularly. 

really debating if I want to spend the $500+ on the Garmin though……

Best Answer
0 Votes