Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be an app in the future to create Sense 2 clock faces?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I am a fitbit owner, have been since the Alta I believe and have always loved the face clock ones as it has more detail and you can have your own unique faces how ever I am wondering if you guys will be creating a more easier way to create our own unique watch faces as a lot of us either don't know how to code or have tried it and failed. I wanted to create a watch face with unique fonts like rune lettering etc with nose backgrounds for example. I like having heavy stats and weather conditions with the weather temp etc. And I have tried fitface but to have all stats etc I need to have premium and is what I am set against. I don't want to have to pay for something I just want to create for my personal taste instead of creating for commercial uses. Will there be an app in the future to do this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @kristypower - there used to be an easy to use Fitbit Studio online function for simply creating your own watch faces but this was discontinued in March 2023..

For the Sense 2 and Versa 4 there is no possibility to create clock faces and the watch doesn't support apps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh ok, I know that fitbit sense 2 supports fitface but it costs money to use for heart rate, weather etc. 

Will you guys be creating a desktop application to make watch faces suitable for the sense 2 in the future? One that will be supported by sense 2 and versa models? Will sense 2 support apps also in the future? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kristypower - it is true fitface isn't free but there is a CLI environment that can be installed on a PC but it doesn't support a Sense 2 and may or may not work as there are lots of dependencies so can be complicated to get working.

Previous models support apps, the support was removed from the Sense 2. Currently there is no possibility to easily create your own free clocks for a Sense 2 either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes Fitbit studio has been shutdown, and replaced by the command line SDK 

Yes the Versa 4 and Sense 2 support existing 3rd party faces, so I'll assume we they can still be developed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue - unfortunately faces cannot be made by developers as there is no SDK for them.

Those few non Fitbit faces currently available were done by Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I have about 490 free clock faces and 410 payed faces, and most pay 3rd party, not fitbit. I've found some that don't say not optimized 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitface clock faces are available but generally aren't free, otherwise the "not optimized" ones are those done by Fitbit, or without the message, are Fitbit ones. There are a many more free clock faces AND apps for the older watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But if the 490 free clock faces I see available to me, only 76 are by Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit ported a few of the older faces to the new platform. There is no SDK so developers can't develop bespoke clock faces.

Best Answer
0 Votes