Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa keeps giving the same answer on Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No matter what I ask or tell Alexa on my Sense, it gives me the same answer like it's in a loop.  I tried logging off and back on but to no avail.  Does anybody have the same issue?  Any recommended solution?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ReV15.

What is the answer that Alexa keeps repeating? I had a similar issue myself (a long time ago), where it turns out I had triggered a skill. No matter what I asked her, she would always reply with something to do with TV guide. Like you I tried everything, until it just clicked that this was a skill. I simple had to trigger Alexa and say exit TV guide, which got her out of the endless loop and back to functioning normally (for some reason the skill didn't time out on it's own. Perhaps your issue is something similar? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ReV15.

What is the answer that Alexa keeps repeating? I had a similar issue myself (a long time ago), where it turns out I had triggered a skill. No matter what I asked her, she would always reply with something to do with TV guide. Like you I tried everything, until it just clicked that this was a skill. I simple had to trigger Alexa and say exit TV guide, which got her out of the endless loop and back to functioning normally (for some reason the skill didn't time out on it's own. Perhaps your issue is something similar? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Hey N8teGee,

Thank you for your reply.  That's exactly what I did, told Alexa to "exit" and then reset my Fitbit Sense and everything worked just fine.  Thank you very much for your input.

Best Answer

Glad to hear this solved your issue. It really should be clearer that a skill is still running, or even automatically time out after a short period of no use. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer