Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't track SpO2 data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense was tracking SP02 but stopped 2 nights ago. It was saying install SP02 app but I have used that face continuously for about 3 days. Yesterday I updated that clock face and the message changed to sleep to track. But again nothing this morning. No data? Any ideas.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

For the second day in a row after installing the new firmware update version 44.128.4.17 the nightly SpO2 reading is not updating in the Sense App. 

Best Answer

Hi @Brisneylander and @C0emgen. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for keeping your watches updated and I'm sorry your SpO2 data isn't syncing correctly. Just to confirm, have you tried installing the SpO2 app on your Sense? This will allow your watch to track this data in the background while sleeping. If you've not done so, please open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Sense > Apps > All Apps and install the SpO2 Tracker app. Then restart your watch to refresh its performance, wear it slightly higher on your wrist to sleep and sync it once you're awake to check your data in the Fitbit app.

By the way, I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer

I have this same problem and the SpO2 tracker app is installed.  I was going to uninstall it and reinstall but it says data will be lost.  How much data and for how long will it be lost.  I tried restarting my sense but it still isn't tracking.  It's weird that it was working and stopped ~ 2 days ago.  I didn't change anything, it just stopped.

Best Answer
Yes I wonder how long it will take before Fitbit weighs in and gives is
some solutions. It's quite disappointing.
Best Answer
Hi

Thanks for the response.

I have the Sp02 app installed and use the Sp02 watch face. SP02 seems to
reflect on the watch, and the trail on the app seems to show up to last
night, but it says Last Night No Data.

It's quite confusing is it working properly or not.

Thanks
Best Answer

I have yet to get it working at all. I have the app installed. I have the clock face. Never seen data at all. I have all the latest firmware updates and I've tried reinstalling the app and the clock face. 

One of the reasons I bought this watch was to get the Spo2 indications while I sleep (as I suspect I have sleep apnea). It's very frustrating that this feature simple won't work. 

Best Answer

I was able to get my O2 to work by uninstalling the SpO2 app, reinstalling it, then restarting my sense.  It shows data today from last night.  

Best Answer
Thanks Jogger. I'll give that a try.

Cheers
John
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! That worked for me!

Best Answer

Hi @mynununene and @ceebish, welcome on board. @Brisneylander, it's good to see you again.

@Brisneylander, thanks for your efforts. I understand how important the SpO2 data is for your and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please give a try to the steps suggested above and make sure all the permissions for the SpO2 Tracker app are enabled, as well to sync once you're awake to get your details updated on your watch and the Fitbit app.

@mynununene, thanks for your great suggestions and I'm glad they worked on yours and @ceebish watches. You did a great job and feel free to let me know if you have another question.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Spo2 result is available on the clock face however it is not logged in the fitbit app. Have been missing for the last 4 days. Have tried to reinstall the spo2 app and restarted the watch multiple times. Still not getting the spo2 result logged in the app. I was anyway about to disable the app due to its battery drain.

All permissions are set etc.

It had worked flawlessly up until 4 days ago, and 4 days I for the first time manually adjusted sleep time. Either it is a coincidence or its malfunctioning could be caused by me adjusting the sleep time before the spo2 recording was complete. Something are keeping it from functioning properly now. Yesterday I took a nap in the middle of the day and it had measured my spo2 to 99%, never had it measure spo2 before during the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Micsb

Frustrating isn't it. I just again uninstalled the app, restarted the
sense, reinstalled the app, and same outcome. SP02 for me is always one day
behind. So today is Monday. All other metrics show past week up to and
including Monday, but Sp02 is 1 day behind. Shows up to Sunday, and for
last night, says NO DATA.
But SP02 watch face shows a reading.

This is not an inexpensive device and Fitbit need to stop fluffing about
awww that's a shame why don't you try what works for this person, and
provide a solution. I have several years of being a Fitbit experiment. This
is tiresome.
Best Answer

So I did as suggested. Uninstalled Sp02 app, restarted Fitbit, reinstalled app. 1 day later the reading is one day further behind so it absolutely hast stopped tracking. Also watch face says Sp02 not tracking.

I uninstalled switched to a normal watch face and back to Sp02 face and it again looks like it seems it's tracking. So we'll see what the phone app says tomorrow.

If it's still not working as sold I'll be asking how to get an exchange for a fully functional device. Tired of Fitbit devices that mostly work. Mostly but not quite fully.

Best Answer

Hi @Brisneylander  I got it working again by uninstalling the Fitbit app, restarting phone, installing Fitbit app yesterday and today it logged the nights Spo2 measurement. There is still a gap from Friday but at least it seems to be logging the data again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue as well. Seems to have coincided with updating the Sense to version 5.1.1. Was working fine before. Now it shows on the watch... tried 3 different SPO2 watch faces, and they all show the %, but the app on my phone wants me to install a SPO2 watch face and it wants me to install the SPO2 tracking app. 
I uninstalled the SPO2 tracking app and reinstalled it... and I restarted my Sense. I even changed to a non-SPO2 face, and back again.

Sense still shows the SPO2, but the Fitbit App still wants me to install the tracking app and a clock face

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I did yesterday as has been suggested, I uninstalled Fitbit app,
restarted phone and reinstalled Fitbit app.

So after a night's sleep I see that not only am I missing Sp02 data from
last night, also no skin temperature reading from last night too.

In that process I realised I'm still a beta tester for a tracker I used a
couple years ago. I've unenrolled from beta. Later today I'll uninstall and
reinstall so I get the general release version.

Tiresome as ever. I've been using a Garmin device past 12 months and never
had one issue or defect with it.
Best Answer

Hi @Micsb and @Brisneylander, thanks for getting back. @schaefman, welcome on board.

@Micsb, thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad that your SpO2 data is appearing on the Fitbit app and if you have any other question, feel free to share it in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

@Brisneylander and @schaefman, thanks for trying the suggestions shared in this thread. I understand your point of view and I'm sorry for the difficulties that you've experienced with the Sense. This shouldn't be happening and to further investigate, may I know the model and OS/software version of your phone? Also, could you please confirm whether you're using the SpO2 tracker app or a clock face?

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pixel 4xl with latest Android.

Usually have Sp02 app and clock face

Best Answer
Mine seems to be working now, after several iterations of deleting the SPO2 tracker app from the watch, and I even deleted and reloaded the Fitbit app from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes