Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't track SpO2 data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense was tracking SP02 but stopped 2 nights ago. It was saying install SP02 app but I have used that face continuously for about 3 days. Yesterday I updated that clock face and the message changed to sleep to track. But again nothing this morning. No data? Any ideas.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38
Hi Jogger
Now I am back to regular release of the app I have no Sp02 data on app for
2 days and Sp02 clock face looks like it isn't recording Sp02 either.
Are you using app, clock face, or both?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just convinced Fitbit app and service is and always has been junk.

I raised a support log yesterday sent screen shots gave detailed description of what was happening. Several hours later I got the most generic reply that didn't take any of my particulars into account or give me any idea how to further troubleshoot it. If it was on paper is have set it on fire.

So last night like has been the case for a few days no Sp02 in the app. I decided to put the Sp02 clock face on this morning, and it's giving me a read for last night on the click face. Will see what happens on the app when I sleep with the Sp02 face tonight. Maybe the Sp02 app is crap.

Oh and I'm quite intrigued by my breathing last night. 0 breaths per minute seriously considering getting a job as a stunt guy..... See how long I can hold my breath on a tank of water.

Seriously the outcome of that called to service left me so peeved. Not rubbish service. No service at all.

Best Answer

Extremely disappointed with my new Sense.

I’ve progressed through 4-5 models of Tracker over the last 8 years or so.  Usually working the Fitness side (HR, Steps, exercise), but I’ve recently been diagnosed with Cancer and now need to focus on HR, ECG, and O2, on top of trying to remain active during treatment.

I started trying to use the overnight O2  tracking functionality of my 1-yr old Ionic, but it was only working about every 3rd or 4th night. I saw the Sense, and mistakenly thought that is was a full time O2 monitor (just like Heartrate).  I not only need to track my O2 during the night, I also wanted to be able to track it as I move around and exercise.  O2 levels are a huge indication of how your Red Blood Cells are doing.

I ordered a new Sense, gave my fairly New Ionic to a Son in Law, and last night was the 5th night of trying to record O2.  Nope! I’ve tried installing /reinstalling and powering off/on as described in different posts, I just haven’t contacted Tech Support.

I’m not sure what to do next....  I’ve tried everything, and it ticks me off that I spent this amount of money instead of buying the $199 Garmin that I can record O2 at other times besides just automatically overnight.  

I don’t understand why I’m unable to just ‘ on demand’ record an O2 level, even if it eats the battery up (I can just recharge more frequently). I either need to get it working, or send it back and buy something that works.  It’s just too bad that I may need to swap Brands to find a reliable one, especially since I’ve been entrenched and happy with Fitbit for as long as I have with all of the Family and Friends to share Challenges with.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

More of the same. While Sp02 clock face shows a reading, no result in the Fitbit App. What should I do Fitbit, to make this device function in the manner it was sold to me?

Best Answer

This is exactly what happened to me as well.  I have the SPO2 watch face.  The SPO2 tracked my oxygen levels for 3 nights, then I noticed yesterday that it was not reading. It does not read on the app either. I do get a sleep reading.  I synced the watch and the app.  I went into Settings on my phone and had it "forget" the device, and then reconnected it.  That didn't make any difference.   If there are other suggestions here, I can't figure them out.  What should I do to get the oxygen reading back? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost mine the other night for only a night.  I had been getting it nightly without issue for weeks. It is back now.

If you were getting it and lost it, try rebooting the watch by doing the holding down button for 10 second or so thing, make sure you have a good connection with the watch. Don’t wear a long sleeve shirt that could get between the watch and your wrist, and make sure the back of the watch is clean.  I cleaned the back of my watch and the reading was there the night I cleaned it. I did not clean it for a few days and had some good workouts. I don’t shower with mine on. Follow the instructions for cleaning the back of the watch in the manual. I follow the guideline and use the products they recommend. Try these suggestions and see if the readings return. Good Luck and hope it returns. 

I use the face below.

C02CA5BD-2413-456C-964F-33124A17AFF5.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. They are different to mine though.

I was always getting a live read on the Sp02 watch face. But at times the
reading in the app was several days behind.

What seemed to work for me is I uninstalled everything. Uninstalled the
Sp02 app in Fitbit app, uninstalled Fitbit app, restarted watch and
restarted phone.

Then I reinstalled everything.

It mostly works for me now. I am used to the fact that Sp02 data in the app
will always be one day behind. I slept 9 hours last night but still data
from that sleep won't show until tomorrow. Frustrating but what can I do.

Looking forward now to the ECG functionality to be introduced in Australia
It was marketed as being available before end 2020 but marketing is always
bull**ahem**.

I hope you can make it work. Try all the restarting stuff I did.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t understand what you mean by several days behind.  When you slept 9 hours what exactly showed the following morning. Btw, I wish I could sleep 9 hours. 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on my experience, to get the SpO2 values it's necessary some time after you wake up but we are talking about 30/50 minutes and not days.

Also if values are displayed on the watch face but not on the app there is something strange for sure.

Best Answer

If you want the number displayed sooner than 30-50 min and don’t mind cycling the watch, just reboot the watch and the SpO2 is displayed on the watch and on health metrics when the watch display returns.  Try it one time and you’ll see what I mean. I quit doing it for concern it may be hard on it, but it works, strangely enough.

I agree something isn’t right. Make sure all permissions are checked too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you check the leds of the watch you will see that, after you wake up, the red led(used for SpO2 tracking) is still active and that's why it doesn't show immediately the values.

I could be wrong but i remember that i saw somewhere also from fitbit that we should wait at least 30 minutes before seeing those values.

If you reboot the watch you're stopping the measurement of SpO2 and that's why you can see the values immediately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oddly enough, the oxygen reading started again this morning. Perhaps magic
rays were sent from this site that woke it up. Thanks for listening.
Best Answer

I read this:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2459.htm?Highlight=Spo2

i wonder if I am corrupting the calculation when I restart the watch.

Best Answer

Today is gonna be a good day. 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes
I mean.... Today it is Sunday here. All the other measures show up to
Sunday (Saturday night). Tomorrow Sp02 will creep forward to be on Sunday,
and the others will all be on Monday.

And the sleep thing, yeah I really struggle on work nights. Don't get
enough sleep. But I seem to make up a bit on at least one weekend night.
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here 😞 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only get spo2 data a couple times a week or seems. It's extremely unreliable. I get gaps of 3 or 4 days at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

was having trouble, the switching it on and off totally fixed it, so thanks 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your participation in the Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced with your Sense and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Let me share that our team is aware of the SpO2 data not appearing in the Health Metrics tile and they're working to identify a resolution. I'd suggest checking this thread so you can receive more updates about this situation.

I will be closing this thread to further comments. However, if you have a different question, you can always start a new topic to receive help from the Community, or get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone to receive further assistance.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes