Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen, unresponsive for a day, resets then won’t hold a charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had the versa since 2018 and it has been amazing so I was extremely excited to see what the new improvements with the sense has to offer. I got one as a gift on Christmas and it has worked great with no issues for 2 weeks. On 1/8/22 at the end of the day the screen went black and was not responded. I tried holding the button side to reset and it would buzz but the screen showed nothing. After trying this for 30 minutes, intermittent with charging and holding the button longer the buzzes became longer and then eventually didn’t buzz anymore. All with never showed anything on the screen. Plugged it in all that night and left it till Sunday night 1/9 I was able to get it to respond. Screen came on and said battery was dead. Charged it all night and checked it Monday morning. Battery said it was  100% so I took it to work at and by 9:30am the screen was black again, only lasted 4 hours. Tried the reset and it showed the low battery screen and now it’s unresponsive again with no buzzing on the button. Has anyone found a fix for this or do I have a bad unit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Mine started around same day. Black screen, and it will say 100% charged, but no screen. The Fitbit Diamond(?) symbol will show up, then disappears. When I insert into USB on computer, this symbol on sense will turn on and off (like flickering). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Isonoshizuka -  it could possibly be dirty contacts or a charger problem [a common issue] see How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

The fact that the App says 100% is probably from the last time it synced which you can check in the Fitbit App when that was. This could be due to a previous poor syncing issue and if the battery is now flat it won't sync and update battery level in the App.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thank you so much, @Guy_ !! 
I followed your instructions/ suggestions about charger prong spring, and it resolved my problem!  You are correct, the bottom left prong on charger was sticking, so I pressed quite a few times, until it started to spring smoothly. Then once I connected the charger, the screen turned on as normal. It said I need to reset, and it worked. 
Much appreciated!! 

Best Answer