Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-demand SpO2 and Temp needed, considering returning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got my first health and wellness smart watch. I went straight for the Sense, with it's advertising of SpO2 and temperature tracking. First, I feel like the advertising is very misleading on those 2 features. In their current state, I wouldnt even call them features... They are more like something that you'd sneak in as a bonus, not advertise as a main feature.

The ability to enable these features for on-demand would be pretty easy. Yes, they would likely require watch apps each, but I know that Fitbit is more than capable of putting together an app similar to EPS or ECG for SpO2 and Temp. Also, with temp, it would be even better if temp could be displayed on a watch face, and the update interval could be set within the phone app settings. 15m, 30m, 1h, 2h, 4h, etc. Obviously, battery life would be impacted, depending, but I would be willing to sacrifice some battery life to have this. I'm sure I'm not alone.

As a side note that relates to the above request, the current sleep tracking method is quite specific about when it thinks you should sleep. An afternoon nap is completely ignored. So is falling asleep in my office chair for 4 hours, starting at around 2am... 😅 

I do have positive things to say about the watch. The battery life is nice, the watch app variety is decent, and it does certain things very well. I just don't feel like I'm wearing $300 worth of features currently. I have another 10 days or so that would still be within my return period for Amazon.. I'm willing to stick with the watch for a bit if there are plans to bring on-demand SpO2/temp and optional all day tracking... But if Fitbit has no intention of enabling those features that are big parts of the advertising for the Sense, I'll have to let go of Fitbit for now. There are a couple of <$100 watches on amazon that provide active temp monitoring and on demand SpO2. One of the. I believe is $25. But I don't want to be wearing multiple watches just to have all the features I'd like... Notifications and calls are definitely necessary.

I understand the original target was a fitness watch. But I believe that with the release of the Sense, its targeting health and wellness as core additions to fitness. It would be great if the wellness side, at least on the Sense, can be revisioned...

Sorry for not adding more postitivitt to this post. I mostly just wanted to express my feeling about it to Fitbit, and see what feedback they provide. Thanks for your time.

Michael

5 REPLIES 5

I can't get mine to check my temperature? It makes me take it then log it any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In order to take your skin temperature that is advertised, you need to wear it to bed 3 nights in a row to get your baseline temperate. After that is done, it will tell you your skin temperature each night you wear it to bed. You can view the results in the Health Metrics section. 

Best Answer

Thanks I still cant get it to take calls I'm not to impressed and the face screens dont work  well most dont 

Best Answer
0 Votes

on-demand SpO2 you can have when you install a watch-face that supports it with "real-time" display. But it does so only in the range from 80% to 100% saturation (begs the question though, WHO decides WHAT actually "100%" is? based on what? I'm sure MY "100%" are different that your "100%"?

Why not displaying actual medical/scientific values?

One reason I can imagine is the fear of ligitations, considering the amount of warnings that this isn't a medical device/not to use it for medical diagnostics - that and that it will never show a value below 80%.

As for the temperature.....I don't know, does that actually matter, considering it's just the skin's surface(!) temperature? It'll change anyway, depending on your immediate environmental temperatures. IMHO the body's core-temp would be more important, which the device isn't able to measure anyway - unless you've a sensor up your butt, which I doubt most of us want to. 😉

Best Answer

I completely agree with your post.  What is the point of an O2 monitor if it isn't on demand.  My husband purchased this watch specifically because it advertised the ECG, O2 monitoring, and body temperature features.  I have been suffering from post covid symptoms for almost two years and I thought it would be nice to have all these monitored in one single device.  What a disappointment.  I'm sure and update to the software or an application would resolve this quickly.

Best Answer