Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Sense Battery Draining in 2 Days on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am just wondering if this performance is normal. I just received a sense 5 days ago and have been using it relatively frequently. I have set up the watch to have the always on display and downloaded multiple apps. I don't use the apps that much, but is just having them on the sense possibly draining the battery faster? I was really expecting at least 3 to days of battery life with the advertised 6 day time frame. Is it possible my device is defective? I have an android device so I didn't think I would be affected by the IOS battery update issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

That would be the "always-on display".

On the similar Versa 3, in Settings where turn on 'always-on display', it say battery lasts about 2 days.

If not familiar with Fitbits, display should come on when turn wrist to look at without using the always-on display.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Even after following up with someone over the phone, turning off batter intensive settings, deleting all apps except fitbit apps, and keeping the display off I am still experiencing a 2 day battery with my fitbit VS the advertised 4 to 6 days. This is a gut punch considering how much money I spent on this. I am incredibly unhappy with the performance of this product. I am curious, what is the likelihood I have a Sense with a faulty battery vs fitbit just lied about the performance the device is capable of. Is anyone else getting a 2 day battery life with an Android device, so this seems unrelated to IOS issues

Best Answer

As stated the always on display is turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whoops I am sorry, I made a follow up post to this and thought you were responding to that, I actually killed the always on display and am still having the shortened battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn off always 'on' and see if turning off bluetooth helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

turn off bluetooth..

Best Answer
0 Votes

In having the same exact issue with my Sense and I've essentially turned everything off and keep Bluetooth off all day. It's super frustrating because I'm only getting maybe 2 days at best of battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It turned out my battery was faulty. You shouldn't have to turn off bluetooth to get 4 days of battery life. I actually called customer service and walked through all the trouble shooting and they checked the charge history and apps running and were able to send me out a new one for free. I hope that helps. Oh also take note of when the battery is draining fastest. I would have normal battery life till about 40 percent then the last 40 percent drained super fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bmorris83  if the battery draining issue was sudden, check you have the latest Fitbit App, the issue may have been fixed.

Also do a shutdown of the watch and place on the charger to restart.

In some cases removing the Sense Bluetooth entry from the phone and resyncing the watch helped.

If you do the last step, logout of the Fitbit app. After login, go to the home screen without closing the App, a sync pop up should appear, clicking on it should re pair and re link your watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks Guy, I tried all of the steps above over the last few days and I'm still having the battery drain issue. This issue started 2 months ago and I had been waiting for the update to see if it fixed it, but no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bmorris83  Try temporarily turning off Bluetooth on your phone and see if the battery draining issue improves.

If so, post back which phone you have, which Fitbit App version [click profile photo => Help & support] and firmware version [click Device photo, at the top]

Or you can contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer