Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Sense appears to be dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just received a brand new Sense.

I have plugged the Sense it turns on and displays the 'Download App to setup' but it will not charge at all.

My wife also received her new Sense, it worked immediately. Her charges via her charging cable, and mine. So pretty sure it's a device issue.

The Sense even shows up in the Windows app and Phone App and will attempt to sync - but the battery never rises above 0%.

Feels like i've got a dead on arrival unit? Any ideas before i process for a refund/replacement?

I've done the reset, reset, reset, cross fingers approach. It's been plugged in for two hours, at least. Battery still says empty.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just contacted support. They were very helpful, but my Sense is very DEAD.

They offered a pre-paid envelope to return for a replacement.

I contacted Amazon on the off chance they had a speedier option; they've sent me a replacement immediately for delivery tomorrow. And a 30 day window to return the defective one to them.

Amazon's customer service is bonkers sometimes. But I will say, the Fitbit support staff was very helpful. It's just their return policy.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

maybe needs a new charger. Did you try her charger?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried her charger. And my charger on hers.

Hers charges with either, mine chargers with neither.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ugh..sorry. Have you contacted support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried cleaning the back of your sense with a toothbrush and isopropyl?  Pay particular attention to the contact points of the charger. If you do not have a toothbrush use a cotton q tip. May be a stretch but I’d try it.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contacted support. They were very helpful, but my Sense is very DEAD.

They offered a pre-paid envelope to return for a replacement.

I contacted Amazon on the off chance they had a speedier option; they've sent me a replacement immediately for delivery tomorrow. And a 30 day window to return the defective one to them.

Amazon's customer service is bonkers sometimes. But I will say, the Fitbit support staff was very helpful. It's just their return policy.

Best Answer

I had considered this - fixed plenty of old remote controls with weird battery issues the same way.

But this device is brand new - if it's not working as i remove the protective film. It's not a great sign.

Best Answer

First, I’ll share that I’ve been a loyal Fitbit user for 5years. And then…I’m going to say good bye and good riddance. 
sense 2 is just the latest in a series of poor quality, defective devices. I’ve had my latest for a month. It never did charge properly. After several machination via chat, I finally got them to replace the charger. New charger doesn’t work at all. The thing simply won’t charge. I’ve experienced so many issues over the years…I’m switching to an Apple Watch. I can’t deal with the constant breakdowns. I’ve NEVER had one last longer than 2 years. Broken bands, bad chargers, a water resistant version that stopped and died when I went through a sprinkler- on a run! And they would replace it. So done!

Best Answer