Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do a guided EDA scan without using the app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just tried to do a "guided" EDA scan (so it would be longer than 2 minutes) without using the app, but it is not syncing the session.  My Sense indicated that it recorded a 5 minute EDA scan and said that it would sync to the app, but after trying to sync several times, it does not appear in the mindfulness section.

Is there no way to do an EDA scan longer than 2 minutes without using one of the guided sessions in the app?  This seems a bit ridiculous if so, especially since the only options for guided sessions are 6, 7, 9, or 11 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The quick scan is 2 minutes and can be done on the tracker without the app. No other options to choose from on the Sense.

The guided session 1 - 60 minutes on the Sense mentions the app is required:

Enjoy a mindfulness session on your phone and see your EDA Response.

When a feature isn't available, or having suggestions to improve a existing feature.. it's possible to add as suggestion on the feature suggestions page.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Does the shorter 2 minute scan work? 

Best Answer

Yes, it works in the sense that it syncs to the Fitbit app if I use it. No, it doesn't work in the sense that I want to conduct an EDA session longer than 2 minutes and it shuts off at that point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The quick scan is 2 minutes and can be done on the tracker without the app. No other options to choose from on the Sense.

The guided session 1 - 60 minutes on the Sense mentions the app is required:

Enjoy a mindfulness session on your phone and see your EDA Response.

When a feature isn't available, or having suggestions to improve a existing feature.. it's possible to add as suggestion on the feature suggestions page.

Best Answer

Thank you for the response; that is what I feared. It seems absolutely ridiculous that the capability to do a longer EDA scan is available, but locked out unless you use the Fitbit app's very limited guided meditations in conjunction with it.

Best Answer