Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get messages from multiple apps on your Fitbit Sense?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am thinking of buying a fitbit sense,

But there is also only 1 single notification selectable, or you can use whatsapp, messenger and sms.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Niels.d , with your Charge 2 you can get notifications from all the messaging apps.

The new Sense will be the same - notifications will be available from all the mesaaging apps.

Simply go to your notifications settings.  As you say, you do need to choose your default messaging app for text messages - the options are “Messages” (that’s your SMS service), “Messenger” or “WhatsApp”.

However, whichever default app you choose, 
you can then go to “App Notifications” and select the other notifications you would like to receive.  That way you can definitely get notifications from all the message apps - SMS, WhatsApp, and Messenger, as well as notifications from many other apps, like calendar or email, if you like.

I hope this helps.  If it still isn’t clear, please post again.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Niels.d Thanks for stopping by!

Let me help you with your inquiry about notifications messages on your Fitbit Sense. Fitbit smartwatches can get notifications from multiple apps including WhatsApp, SMS, etc. You can read more on how this feature works here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

My question is, i have a fitbit charge2, and i can chose for sms messages (whatsapp or sms or messenger).

But with the new fitbit sense, you must chose between al of this? or can with the fitbit sense al of the messages app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Niels.d , with your Charge 2 you can get notifications from all the messaging apps.

The new Sense will be the same - notifications will be available from all the mesaaging apps.

Simply go to your notifications settings.  As you say, you do need to choose your default messaging app for text messages - the options are “Messages” (that’s your SMS service), “Messenger” or “WhatsApp”.

However, whichever default app you choose, 
you can then go to “App Notifications” and select the other notifications you would like to receive.  That way you can definitely get notifications from all the message apps - SMS, WhatsApp, and Messenger, as well as notifications from many other apps, like calendar or email, if you like.

I hope this helps.  If it still isn’t clear, please post again.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi @Julia_G,

Thank you i think it works,  

i had the app fit notifications downloaded, and now al the social apps are chosen thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia

i m also trying to get Messenger on my sense, but it s not in the list of apps i can choose…

any idea how i get this in the list?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes