Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set sleep schedule or reminders on Sense for night shift

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Charge 3 and now have a Sense.
I also work a job that runs on a 24 hr schedule, yet Fitbit STILL hasn't modified their app so you can set a sleep schedule and reminder to sleep.
I've written a few times to no avail...
I guess they don't care about first responders (doctors, nurses, hospital personnel, law enforcement officers, Firefighters, Paramedics, airport employees, snow removal employees, 911 Dispatchers, Dispatchers for road service for 1st responders, etc..)
It hard to sleep during the day if you work midnight shifts.
And there are a LOT of us out there who do and need something to track our sleep.
I'm highly disappointed in the company and will NOT recommend their products until they come up with an app that tracks sleep on a 24 hrs schedule!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

The Sense detects sleep whenever - it may not break down the details if the duration is less than 3 hours. Admittedly this could be improved.

On the watch you can set predefined sleep schedules.

On the watch you can set alarms to remind you of things, like time to sleep.

Whats missing or doesn't work?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Unable to set the Sleep Schedule to sleep during the day and wake at night.
(sleep at 1000 hrs and wake at 1830 hrs).

Also, it will not set the reminder to sleep for a day time hour like : 1000 hrs

May Yung
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dragonlady198, welcome to the Community Forums. @Guy_, thanks for sharing your insights.

@Dragonlady198, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Fitbit features. I understand how important this data is for you and I'm sorry for the difficulties that you've had while tracking this data during your work shifts. Fitbit strives to enhance our products and their features based on our members feedback, and be sure that your comments won't go unnoticed. I was making some research and was able to find this idea about adding night shift reminders to move. Please support this idea by adding your vote as the more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

In regards to your other question, while you're not able to set sleep schedules for 24 hours directly on your Sense, you can always turn on the sleep mode so you won't be disturb by notifications, alarms or the screen brightness when moving your arm. Please note that your watch will automatically track your sleep regardless of the hour, as long as you've been sleeping for more than 1 hour (3 hours to receive sleep stages). To know more about how your watch tracks your sleep, please see this help article.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Why can you not set it up as you want?

On a Sense this is possible.

On the watch

Settings

Quiet modes

Scroll to Sleep mode

Scroll to  & Click SCHEDULE MODE

Turn on Off hours

Setup the appropriate times

It allows you to put in the hours you want.

Are you saying that it doesn't enter sleep mode at those times?

Also in the Fitbit App it allows to set the times you want and to offer a reminder.

What is not working?

NB. Reminders can always be set on the watch using the Alarm App anyway. That works for sure.

Best Answer

The setting for sleep schedule does not allow you to set it for sleep at 1000 hrs and wake at 1830 hrs. 

I work the midnight shift. 

It also does not allow me to set the Sleep reminder to 1000 hrs. 

Best Answer

Could you try restarting your watch, as it allows me to set it up on my Sense - whether it works remains to be seen. It seems so.

Sleep scheduleSleep schedule

Best Answer

Hi @Dragonlady198, I hope you're doing well. @Guy_, I appreciate your help and the picture included in your post.

@Dragonlady198, thanks for getting back with more details about your Sense. As our friend mentioned above, you can set the sleep schedule from 10:00 to 18:30 directly on your watch by following the steps described in his post. If by any chance you continue having issues with this feature, please let me know in which part of the process you're having difficulties so I can continue helping you. As a side note, make sure your Sense is updated to the latest firmware version so its features can work correctly.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes