Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install the ECG app on Sense?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased my Sense and there is no ECG app on the watch and thats why I got it...can anyone help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sailor1980 where are you located? ECG app hasn't been approved in all countries yet. If you're in UK or US, you should have access. Please open your Fitbit mobile app, tap on your profile picture, tap on Sense, Apps and check if ECG app has an update.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

What firmware version is on your watch @Sailor1980.

44.128.4.17?

On the tracker. Settings, About, System Info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure how to check that. Just bought it yesterday. How do I check the version.Sent from R. Malpage
Best Answer
0 Votes

The one way to check the version, is kind of, mentioned in my post above @Sailor1980 

• On the tracker, keep swipeing to the left untill you see Settings. 
  • Tap settings 
  • Swipe up until you see About Sense 
  • Tap About Sense. 
  • Tap System Info. 

The other way to locate the version number is through the Fitbit app on the phone.

•  Open the Fitbit app
  • Tap in the top left to open the a Account Page. 
  • Tap the Sense. 
  • The version number will be at the top of the page, second line. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Version 3.36 says its up to dateSent from R. Malpage
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sailor1980 where are you located? ECG app hasn't been approved in all countries yet. If you're in UK or US, you should have access. Please open your Fitbit mobile app, tap on your profile picture, tap on Sense, Apps and check if ECG app has an update.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

You can check the list of countries that have approved the ECG here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sailor1980 were you able to make it work?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Doesn't work in Canada yet I guess...I feel lied to...could have bought a cheaper watch that works...Sent from R. Malpage
Best Answer

@Sailor1980 I do not know the exact timeline for Canada approval but from my experience it usually happens within a few months of FDA's. I'm sorry you cannot use it immediately, but hopefully it will come out soon. Happy New Year!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I can't see the ECG app despite looking everywhere for it. The firmware version is the one you listed above and my the mobile app on my Android is updated. 

Best Answer

Wonderful, I just got my Sense today and one of the reasons I wanted it was the ECG....of course Canada isn't on the list that has the ECG app.....anyone know who we can harass in Canada to get it on the list?

Best Answer

Hi @Wahinegir1 the ECG app will not be found on the tracker. 

It will be coupons under the installed app list in the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right now I can't even GET the Apps to load in the Fitbit App.....it just keeps 'loading....loading.....loading'.   Did I see somewhere that FitBit is having an issue today?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elissanp it seems to run very slowly. Try rebooting phone and logging out and back in to Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also the reason I bought it. Fitbit should have made it clear that it isn’t available in Canada. I am very disappointed. My new Fitbit Sense has a lot of issues and I feel like I paid way too much money for what it actually does. And then to have to pay a monthly subscription to access some of the features? I have gone through 5 or 6 Fitbits in the last 9 years. They seldom last me more than a year. If I keep having problems with this one, I am done trying. Please add the ECG in Canada or include it in the advertising that it is not available. Also fix the Set up Wallet locked screen. It is also unavailable in Canada and it’s the only thing my screen has shown me in days. 

Best Answer

While Fitbit doesn't list the the 184 countries that have authorized the ECG, they have all ways had a list of the countries that have. 

If a feature is important to a user, it is up to the user to do their own research. 

The good news is - it has always been just a matter of time for the countries to go through the approval process. Which is not much different than a country giving approval for the covid vaccine. 

Screenshot_20210131-115422_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It would be nice if they just mentioned in the information about the sense on the Fitbit website that it wasn’t available in most countries. I did do my research and I would have done more had I known this, because that was the main reason that I bought this Fitbit. Is it possible to get a notification when it comes to Canada, just in case I can ever get it off the set up wallet screen?

Best Answer
True to that...there are watches out there that do all that the fitbit does at a fraction of the cost...will be looking into them once this fitbit caps outSent from R. Malpage
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is affecting me also its the only reason why I got the sense. I am in South Africa 

Best Answer