Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge vs. Sense discrepancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. I’be been using a Charge for the past 8 months, my first Fitbit. I loved it so much, that when it suddenly started to fall apart (the part that clicks into the watchband fell out), I upgraded to Sense. I work out nearly every day, usually for at least 2 hours on an elliptical. My Sense logs almost no Zone minutes, whereas my Charge frequently recorded upwards of 100 daily minutes (most of them achieved during workouts). My Sense also records that I burn about half the average calories per hour of working out on the elliptical that my Charge used to say that I did. It is really messing with my mind. Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, Sense HR sensor is completely off and there is nothing to do unless Fitbit releases an update (assuming the problem is not hardware)

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming. I contacted customer service and they were horrible. They told me that my Sense was working fine but they wouldn’t comment on whether my Charge 4 was faulty. Instead they offered to start a claim for my broken Charge 4, but would only speak about the broken watchband. When I pressed to discuss my actual problem and asked if I could escalate the issue in order to speak to someone who could help, the representative thanked me for my feedback and informed me that he would be hanging up now, which then he did.

Best Answer

Fitbit customer service has changed this year. Half the time, I think I get someone overseas who doesn’t understand English well.  I rarely get a resolution.  They offered me a 30% off coupon which couldn’t be used on anything - literally.   When I tried to point that out, they just repeated all the restrictions.    The coupon could not be used on the Sense, Versa 3, inspire 2.... or sale items.  The Versa 2 and Charge 4 were on sale.  So, no current device could be purchased with the discount.  🤬

My Sense seems to be working fine.  Have you already tried standard troubleshooting like restarting the watch, looking for updates, making sure the watch is not too loose or too tight, clean the contacts, etc.?

Best Answer
0 Votes