Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram notifications not working on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got the Sense and using it with Samsung s10. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago the sense stopped receiving Instagram notifications. Everything is ticked in the app notifications on Fitbit and my phone, I've reset the fitbit and deleted and reinstalled the device to my phone and nothing has fixed the issue. I just can't get Instagram notifications anymore! Any help please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @HJS1, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the Instagram notifications issue that your Fitbit Sense has experienced, I appreciate the time spent trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article contains steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. After this, monitor your watch and see if the notifications from Instagram work properly on your device.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with notifications from Instagram on my Sense. I have tried everything in the article you posted but nothing has worked. I have even reset my Sense to factory settings and uninstalled, then reinstalled the Fitbit and Instagram apps. Nothing. I get every other notification except for Instagram. Any other ideas? It worked perfectly fine untill a week or so ago.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've tried all of these steps and it still hasn't resolved the issue. What else can be done to fix this?

Best Answer

Same for me! Tried everything including factory reset and still no Instagram notifications! 

Best Answer

I think it was the Fitbit app update (Android) that screwed everything up. The timing fits for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Makes sense! Hope they can fix it soon!

Best Answer

Good morning,

So if you have seen my other posts and posts from others, you all should know by now that nothing suggested actually works. Furthermore, I wanted to go even further with my theory (that it is the latest Fitbit app update for Android at least). I purchased a Versa 3 and obviously wiped all data from my Sense on the app, uninstalled the app and started completely over with the Versa 3. And no surprise to me, the exact same issue with Instagram notifications. I'm now back to using my Sense (after factory reset and wiping/uninstalling the Fitbit app and of course, same issue. Can you please notify whomever to please fix the Fitbit app with an update because I'm very close to canceling my premium subscription and ditching Fitbit forever. I should also mention that I'm a 5+ year user of Fitbit devices.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't hold your breath. Honestly, I hope so too. I'd hate to go back to Samsung over this! See my reply to the moderator about the lengths I've gone to in order to figure this out, since I can't get actual help from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Agree 100%! This needs fixing ASAP, its such an inconvenient and irritating problem and even worse when nobody from Fitbit is doing anything about resolving it! They haven't even replied to us!

Best Answer

As if 8 hours ago, the Fitbit app in Android has been updated and the issue has been fixed! So glad for that but a little communication would have been nice.... Just saying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh wow that's great to hear its fixed for you! I've just checked my Fitbit app in Play Store and it says last updated 28th Jan 2021 and there is no option for a new update?! I wonder why yours has updated but mine hasn't? I'm on a Samsung s10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's odd. I would keep going to the Google Play Store and check for your app updates. Try searching for Fitbit in the store and click on the right corner and see if auto updates are on, if not, turn it on and try to update it manually from there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help! Followed your instructions but still not update available for me for some reason! Very odd! Guess I'll just have to keep a look out. Glad it's all sorted for you though 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow as if by magic it has just updated and I am now receiving Instagram notifications! Thanks for your help, you would do a much better job at working for Fitbit then the people who actually work at Fitbit! 

Best Answer