Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG not syncing with Fitbit App using Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is related to the following thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Sense-ECG-readings-not-syncing-or-tracking/td-p/4671980

I have a fitbit sense and a fitbit premium account.  The ECG app has been working perfectly.  Yesterday, I started getting the following message on my sense when I start the ECG app:

Save past assessments

Open the Fitbit mobile app to sync and save past data. Otherwise, some assessments may be lost.  My only choice is an "ignore" button.

I have gone into the app and looked for a way to sync the ECG app.  None could be found.  In the ECG tile of the app, when I view history, the last entry is 12/17/23 (it is currently 12/23/23).  I use the ECG app several times a day.

Any suggestions for getting the ECG data to sync again?

Thanks

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Cris,

The ECG data is syncing now (though I'm not sure why!)  Some detail for troubleshooting:

The ECG has always been syncing without issue.  Around Dec 17th, I started getting the error message on my sense listed in my first post saying I needed to sync or lose data.  Everything else was syncing normally (sleep data, health metrics, etc.). During this time I rebooted the sense several times, rebooted the phone, force shut-down the fitbit ap and cleared the cache.  The Sense continued to give me the error message and the ECG data wasn't syncing.

On 12/23, the error message stopped appearing and synching started.  In fact, although the data wasn't there earlier, ECG data now appears that it picked up syncing again on 12/20 - when I was still getting the error message.  There is still a gap from the 17th to the 20th, but everything appears normal since then.

So...not sure why it started working again, but it did.

Thanks,

Dave

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Dave_RI Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for explaining your situation in regards to the ECG readings on your Sense and the situation with the app.

When the system gave you this message it meant for you to normally sync your device, no there's no need to do something else, no worries. I can see your device is syncing normally, so it is rare the ECG data doesn't appear.

Can you try to use ECG once again on your Sense, please? But before you sync the data, restart the Sense and let me know how it goes, please.

Also, a picture on how the ECG data appears on your app would help me check what's going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cris,

The ECG data is syncing now (though I'm not sure why!)  Some detail for troubleshooting:

The ECG has always been syncing without issue.  Around Dec 17th, I started getting the error message on my sense listed in my first post saying I needed to sync or lose data.  Everything else was syncing normally (sleep data, health metrics, etc.). During this time I rebooted the sense several times, rebooted the phone, force shut-down the fitbit ap and cleared the cache.  The Sense continued to give me the error message and the ECG data wasn't syncing.

On 12/23, the error message stopped appearing and synching started.  In fact, although the data wasn't there earlier, ECG data now appears that it picked up syncing again on 12/20 - when I was still getting the error message.  There is still a gap from the 17th to the 20th, but everything appears normal since then.

So...not sure why it started working again, but it did.

Thanks,

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes