Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDA Scan

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This, being my second Sense due to the first one being plagued with numerous issues, I thought I would give it one more try.

All seems fine, but for whatever reason, when I perform an EDA Scan, I don't get any score in Stress Management. Nothing either for where it mentions; responsiveness, exertion balance, or sleep patterns. The first day after setting the watch up as a new device, I performed the EDA Scan, and I got full results showing on my phone app, but nothing ever since. Has anyone else experienced issues with the EDA Scan feature? 

At this point, I'm also questioning whether it might be my older model iPhone (6s+), which is updated to the latest software release, or is it an issue with iPhones in general. Since Google, being an Android supportive company that purchased Fitbit, would that be an issue where they aren't supporting iOS devices as much as their Android system. I'm certainly not going out and purchase an Android phone due to this, and perhaps other issues. It's bad enough that the iPhone doesn't support email notifications and allowing one to respond to text messages. 

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @JerryIonic! The EDA scans don't show up in Stress Management, they show up in Mindfulness, that's probably why you're not seeing them! The only thing you'll see in Stress Management is your reflection you can enter at the end of a scan.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. How then, does one record a score in the stress management section of the app?

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JerryIonic You should get a score in the stress management section the morning after you've logged sleep. Although I'm pretty sure the first couple of nights with my Sense I didn't get a score, so perhaps it has to calculate a baseline first. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

The sense needs to collect data for about 3 days before you get a stress management score. It uses sleep data combined with HR and excercise data to calculate your stress management score. 

As and asside I have noticied a weird quirk. I work overnights so mon-thurs I sleep during the day. While my fitbit collects data for my daytime sleeping it can not calculate a stress management score on days where I sleep during the day. During my days off when I sleep at night I get a stress management score. 

Hope this info is useful. 

Best Answer

That's a really interesting observation, @SPGmd.

@JerryIonic, are you really early on with your Sense? Hopefully this is the reason you're not seeing the scores yet.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer