Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about the Sense Infinity Bands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Let me start by saying I LOVE my new Sense Watch. Does everything I expected and more! Now as far as the watchband, it is a piece of junk. The new Sense came with a standard rubber band which was expected but the new design is.....Poorly designed, hard to close, hard to take off without dropping it when it is wet. *** I currently have it duck taped on so I can use the watch part that I love.

Anybody have a solution to this other than spending more money to get a decent daily watchband for workouts?

I have contacted support but their answer was sorry , you'll have to purchase another watchband

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I hear you. I was not happy with the band that came with the watch. It got a little slippery when wet.  I just went ahead and bought a new band.

I liked the Fitbit sports band so I got one of those. Pretty happy with it. My son bought me some bands for Christmas on Amazon and Strapsco makes a lot of bands too.  I can’t vouch for strapsco though. 

btw, I had to laugh at the duct tape comment. Add that to the many uses for duct tape....

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Thank you for your recommendation. You are very nice to help Fitbit out with the design issue. Since I just put the watch on for the 1st time this morning and can't keep it on I don't want to spend more money to make the product work correctly 🐵 😂 Yep gray duck tape, Very sad, I could go with black electrical tape 🤣 I would post what it looks like but looks like I do not have the correct level of authorization to do that

Best Answer

@DRF2If you can take your watch back get a full refund just say you changed your mind go to costco get the watch from there and it comes with two sets of bands the crappy solid band that hard to put on and take off and then there is the good sports band it much nicer and easier to use.

Best Answer

My sense is just over a month old and the watch band detaches from the body. Always the clasp at the bottom of the watch. I am unable to wear my $300+ smart watch as I fear it will detach itself and crash on a hard surface. Or worse whilst riding my bicycle and be run over before i can retrieve it.

I find it hard to believe that FitBit would release a premium watch with such a major design flaw.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community Forums.

@mikmak001 Thanks for joining this thread and for the details provided. I understand where you're coming from about your Sense band not latching correctly and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I went ahead to review your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. It seems they're providing you with further assistance, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support from FitBit has been outstanding over my watchband detaching issue.
Thank you for the prompt response and resolution.

I have been experimenting with the dodgy catch and so far have fixed the issue by using a very small piece of electrical plastic tape.
Cut a sliver of tape just enough to cover the underside of the band (where the catch depression is and wrapped around to just covering the very end of the band. Next I carefully pressed the tape down into the catch depression (so there is still a depression). So far ( 2 days) the band has remained attached ... the watch band is a fairly heavy stainless steel third party band that would detach when I clapped my hands.

Once I again I thank the FitBit support crew for their help and resolution.

Seems a common theme with FitBit and the watchband ... the watchband designers definitely need to lift their game they are letting down a quality product thru poor design.

Surge - glued in watchband the bubbled up and was not replaceable.
Ionic - this worked well and I never had problems with the watchband ... take note watchband designers!
Sense - way to easy to accidentally detach the band ... maybe look at adding the solidity of the Ionic to this model.

Mick

Best Answer
0 Votes