Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Hi @TG26,

It sounds like there is a battery issue, is there any way that you could exchange the Sense where you got it?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this too, restarting randomly all the time. I feel the vibration, then look down and see the Fitbit logo on the screen...no idea why this is happening, but glad someone else is experiencing it too! 

Best Answer

same here!  Happened like 4-5 times now since I got it a few days ago.  Very annoying

Best Answer

I know the button is sometimes pressed against my arm, since it's located on the lower surface, but I've also had it reboot while I'm interacting with it (e.g. logging water).  Battery seems to be discharging a little fast -- 30% from yesterday's first full charge -- although this might not be surprising with the number of reboots.  Some insight into why this is actually happening would be very helpful.

Best Answer

I purchased through Fitbit so I will have to look into it. Thanks for the idea. I have noticed if I stretch out or reach for something that somehow the button on the left gets pushed or held done. Not sure if others are experiencing this.  

Best Answer

I think I have resolved the vibrations when doing an exercise. There is a setting that notifies you when you move from one heart rate zone to another in the exercise. To turn off, you need to swipe left and select exercise, then select your specific exercise. For me it was run. Then swipe up and keep swiping up until you see heart rate notifications. You can then toggle off or on. There are other settings you can control here also. You may need to do this for multiple exercises if you use more than one. 

Best Answer

That's a great start!  Now if only we could resolve the confirmed reboots, having reduced any extra vibrations....  ^_^

Best Answer

Spent an hour chatting with support, and the result was essentially "find another way to wear it so as to avoid unintentionally contacting the button."

Best Answer

I've had mine a day now and noticed around 5 random restarts.  Wonder how many I haven't noticed?  I fear if this is a known issue I shall return the Sense and bring out the old Ionic again.  Shame as I'm really liking the Sense so far.

Best Answer

I think it’s the wake up button being unintentionally pressed which is stupid of Fitbit coming up with such a flaw design

Best Answer

Yes, same thing here, although I am getting few gratuitous reboots than you. I think the simple fact is that the new OS still has a lot of bugs in it. Let's hope they get fixed soon.

Best Answer

I'm not convinced this is the issue.  Mine restarts even whilst I'm sitting still watching TV, arm and wrist not touching the button.  I've spoken with Fitbit and they confirmed they can see the Sense is restarting many times through the day and night.  They're keeping an eye on my account and should be reporting back within a few days.

Best Answer

I agree, makes sense it's an OS bug or two.

Best Answer

I noticed mine restarted randomly during a workout and just randomly right now with me sitting down. If most people are having this issue it’s most likely a Fitbit bug. I doubt all of ours are defective. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has rebooted a few times in the last few days, randomly as well. When it happens, I'm usually not doing anything with my Sense and am not doing anything to press the button. One time it was during a countdown. I suspect it's a bug in the OS as well.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I too am having the same issue of random and constant rebooting/restarting for no reason that I can figure out. It reboots when I'm doing a workout in the gym, which is stopping my exercise tracking results when it reboots. And it reboots if I'm just sitting and watching TV. Was on chat support and I was told to do a factory reset. I was informed to try that and see if that stops the rebooting/restarting issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've performed a factory reset on my Sense.  Made no difference, still get the random reboots.  Seems there are quite a few people with this issue which would suggest it's an OS bug.

Best Answer

So after many reboots I decided to send it back to Amazon as faulty and buy a replacement Sense.  Since wearing my replacement I've had no reboots.  Just silky smooth operation.  I'm now a happy Sense user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you would say your first Sense was defective? Actually, for the last few days I've had fewer reboots for some reason. Firmware hasn't changed, still on 44.128.1.42. And is staying sync with my phone all day. Even when I'm out with it. So I don't know what's changed. Hopefully it stays this way, then I too will be a happy Sense user.

Best Answer
0 Votes