Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense battery dead within hours.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my Sense yesterday afternoon to a full charge and when I woke this morning my battery was completely dead! I haven't made any changes to my settings and actually had my watch off for a good hour or 2 as I was painting and didn't want to get paint on it. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi @Riarooo and welcome to the forum. Please try re-starting your Sense. That’s normally the first thing to try in a case like this. Let us know if it helps. 

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Community forums @Riarooo

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've experienced with the battery of your Fitbit Sense draining too fast. 

Let me know if you were able to resolve after the restart procedure suggested earlier or if you continue to see the battery is draining very fast or within hours. You can find some additional information in this article to improve battery life as well.  

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the exact same problem, restarted it twice, regular display, no gps and I’m still so confused 

Best Answer

Sounds like the same problem I am having as noted in another thread.  I wonder if it is a firmware issue since several of us seem to be experiencing this issue out of the blue?  I tried a simple restart, uninstalled all non-default apps, disabled quick-view, set clock face to default, rechecked permissions/setting on my phone, and even reset my sense to factory settings.  Nothing seems to be working. The latest thing I am trying is uninstalling the SPO2 app as just changing the clock face did not seem to disable SPO2 checking.   

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing the same inconvenience with your watch, @ColbyT, and welcome to the Community forums, @ColbyT.   

If you already tried all the suggestions to improve battery life and continue to experience the same problem, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you managed to resolve this? Since past week my Sense battery runs of with half a day. Before it was 4-5 days. It seems that there has been update or something that has caused this and it is pretty annoying as in most mornings my battery has died during the night. 

---------------------------

I am having the same problem since last week. Have done many restarts, but battery dies within hours. Before it was more like 4-5 days. It seems it is connected to when the iPhone bluetooth is on. How to get it fixed? 

Best Answer

Hi @karolih - have you tried the suggestion below of re-starting your Sense? If you did that and it did not help, then please contact Fitbit Support

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have restarted my Sense probably around 10-15 times and tried everything else mentioned in the posts. It still dies within hours.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and have reached out to FitBit chat twice in the last day.  I was told the issue was with the FitBit app version on my iPhone.  I was told to Force Quit the app and that would solve the issue.  It did not.  I reached back out this morning to Fitbit Chat and was told to patiently wait for the next app version.  None of this makes sense.  The issue started 2 days ago where my battery would completely drain after 12 hours or less.  My FitBit app was last updated my iPhone over 2 weeks ago.  I'm beyond frustrated.

Best Answer

Understood. The same thing happened to me, after doing a factory reset and removing the application from the phone(then adding it back on) then my battery life behaved. I also turned off bluetooth and only turned it on when I had to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue periodically over the last few weeks- fully charged at night, then dead in morning. I did all the suggestions I could find online- cleaned the contact points, disabled SpO2 app, shortened the display time, restarted the watch, etc, etc. Finally called Fitbit and within 5 minutes they advised me they were sending me a replacement. I suggest calling, not online chat- much quicker! I wonder if this isn't maybe a known issue by Fitbit? Since the Sense is so new, it's still under warranty for everyone. Good luck! 

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies, and welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @karolih @Lindsey_L @lablover55 @pdt

Thank you for sharing that you've been having the same inconvenience with your Sense watch.

If you're using an iOS device with app version 3.41 or further, please try to:

• Log out from the app
  • Clear cache and cookies for the Fitbit app on your phone's settings
  • Restart your phone
  • Log back in to check if you continue to experience the same inconvenience 

If you're using an Android device and you already tried the steps listed here to improve battery life, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

I started having this same issue 2 days ago. Battery completely empty, charged to 100%, dead again within 4 hours. I have restarted it numerous times and gone through all the other trouble shooting suggestions. I'm sure I'm going to have to call support, but sharing that you're not alone and this issue is still happening! This is my 3rd fitbit that I've had problems with and most definitely is going to be my last!

Best Answer

So frustrating!  And it's still happening to me.  I've followed all the steps suggested and it won't solve the problem.  I can't check my app during the day without force quitting it right after.  If I don't, the battery is dead in hours.  Does anyone from FitBit have any updates on when the new app version will be available or if there is something more to this problem than what was originally communicated?  I find it ridiculous the owness is on the FitBit owner to follow all these extra steps to get their FitBit to operate as advertised.

Best Answer

Get this! I tried calling customer support yesterday. They were having “technical difficulties” and told me I’d have to call back later! 🤦🏽‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmcginnis @Lindsey_L Thank you for your reply and confirming that you already tried all the steps mentioned earlier. In the case of iOS devices, I was able to verify that other users are experiencing the same problem and the team of the developers is already working to find a solution as soon as possible (with the next app version). 

In the case for Android devices, I recommend that you contact the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.  

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly this is ridiculous and to have us phone with the below post is crazy.  I am sure that you are just like me and work for a living!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing your feedback about this, @SunsetRunner. 

Unfortunately since all the troubleshooting steps found in the forums have been exhausted, it would be necessary to continue the assistance process with the Customer Support team. They will let you know how to proceed with this. 

Have a great day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have and and was told the below . It has been acknowledged that this is an update issue however Customer service does not know that or are being told to just try to take our money.

Hi Melanie, 

Thanks for troubleshooting with us.

Checking further,  we see that you've contacted us about this issue previously through Twitter. 

Since you’ve performed all the recommended troubleshoots, we can conclude that your device may be defective.

We see that your device is no longer in the warranty period, and therefore isn’t eligible for replacement.

You can still use the discount that we offered in the next 30 days from the day it was sent to you. Simply click the link on the email and choose the best Fitbit device for you.

We look forward to getting you back on track

Best Answer