Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense notifications for calls, sms, calendar and email never work. I contacted support and they suggest doing a bunch of things that never work.  Tried everyting including a factory reset. Sense notifications is defective.  If the notifications is not going to work, then going to turn off all the privacy invasive settings like background data and location. Even turn off bluetooth and only turn it on once a day to do a manual sync. Android app is terrible.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @EGC128 welcome, may I suggest you review How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? I assume you have checked that you do not have "Do Not Disturb", "Focus Mode" or "Sleep Mode" engaged on your watch. I would encourage you not to turn off the settings or Bluetooth that you discuss above, your device will become very unpredictable.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If fitbit notifications didnt work, I would have taken the watch straight back. That is the primary value of the watch to me and I have grudgingly accepted the other messes because they work reliably for me. I would very carefully work through the link Gr4ndp4 has sent you. Pay particular attention to the fact that there are general notification settings under "account" but also notification settings when you click "Sense" under account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a solution but fitbit will not like it. I uninstalled the current app version and went to the website fitbit . en . up to down .com/android/download/3440056

Delete the spaces in the URL. Fitbit won't allow me to post the URL without spaces. 

I downloaded Fitbit version 3.36.2 released in Apr 6 2021.  Yes, it is a bit old. 

Now I have received call, gmail and calendar notifications.  I haven't received sms notifications yet. I received a sms on phone and it did not receive notification on watch. 

Fitbit support never suggested to do this.  They always say update the app to the latest and never think there could be a problem with app. The current version of the app is broken. 

I want to talk to a senior persion at the android development team. I have found bug with the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes