Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense calculation is obviously bugged… heres proof.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://imgur.com/a/B9woAJe

As you can see in the image for the bottom entry my “Zone mins” is significantly higher than the actual time period its for.

Bottom entry: 5:50-9:02 = 192 minutes. Sense says I got 277 zone mins. 277/192 = 1.44 = 44% over estimate.

Middle entry: 9:02 - 9:27 = 25 minutes.

Sense says I got 34 zone mins. 34/27 = 1.25 = 25% over estimate.

On top of that I’m walking in a treadmill and its grossly obviously overcounting my calorie burn compared to what the treadmill says and before you say it yes my profile has accurate information

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @salazarm 

Regarding the calculation of the Active Zone Minutes there is no mistake. You can read about it in this article

and specifically the paragraph Why did I earn more Active Zone Minutes than my workout time

Then there is the problem of the heart rate. It has been reported by practically everybody that Sense is very bad measuring the heart rate with errors, errors that drastically affect calories burned and the same active zone minutes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I also have only had it for 5 days now so i doubt its broken or anything…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @salazarm 

Regarding the calculation of the Active Zone Minutes there is no mistake. You can read about it in this article

and specifically the paragraph Why did I earn more Active Zone Minutes than my workout time

Then there is the problem of the heart rate. It has been reported by practically everybody that Sense is very bad measuring the heart rate with errors, errors that drastically affect calories burned and the same active zone minutes.

Best Answer

@salazarm as @Giampi71 points out, your treating these minutes as Active minutes which these are not. 

They are active zone minutes and yes if the activity is intense enough, the user could get more than one minute awarded for each minute. 

yes I know I'm being redundant, but others maybe reading this and simply want an answer. 

Best Answer