Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense is counting too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The floor count feature on the Sense is completely and always wrong. I moved my lawn today, and it reads that I climbed 120 flights of stairs. This isn't new for the Sense, it has always been wrong with floor counts. I never had this issue with the Charge.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, @kalthandrix, welcome to the community, you may be interested in this third party article Fitbit floors climbed not accurate? Here's what to do. 

The floor count does not contribute to any of the data streams, TBH I ignore the data.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @kalthandrix. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Sense. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please note that our team is aware of this issue experienced with the Sense tracking too many floors and are working on this. I understand the inconvenience this is causing you and while there isn't a time frame for a fix, I'll keep them informed of the impact to you and other members.

Thanks for your understanding. See you around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Does the inaccurate number of floors effect the estimated calories burned per day? I think my fitbit sense is being effected by the number of times i ride an elevator at work.  It doesn't bother me unless the calorie tracker is inaccurate because of it

Best Answer

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1141.htm

Screenshot_20220127-085506.png

From what I can tell, it uses BMR with steps and heart rate. There's no mention of floors being an attribute.

Best Answer

Hi @kalthandrix  - if you have done a Shutdown from the watch Settings menu and waited 10 seconds and place on the charger to restart it and it is still miscounting you can try the SimpleFloors app.

It shows how your watch pressure sensor is behaving or whether you can get a more accurate floor count, and also how your watch is affected by environmental issues such as, going room to room, upstairs/downstairs, inside to outside, changes in temperature, etc.

This app is meant for checking purposes as it uses the battery a lot, but at least it will give you an idea if your watch is fine or if it is some other issue.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Your response is dated 9/27/21. The problem has not yet been solved. Am I to assume that the time required is the same as that of the gestation of a human baby? Can we expect a resolution sometime in mid-to-late May of 2022?  Please?

Best Answer

@OlallaLady-  what if it is twins!! [floors and heart rate]

Best Answer

Reported this issue a year ago …. Was told it was a known issue and “was better no worked on” …. Just called again and got the same song and dance …. We live in a one story house in about the flattest part of the country you can imagine ….. yet both our Senses report anywhere from 15 to 240 floors per 

Best Answer

Same here.  The last three days, my Fitbit Sense has recorded over 100 floors.  Any fix for this yet???

Best Answer

Long time FitBit user. Sense, Ionic, One. It strongly appears to me that my Sense is giving me materially too much credit for floors. Seems I have jumped from 200 floors  per week for the six years pre-Sense and now since owning a Sense for five months, 500 floors per week. Something isn’t right. 

Is this still a product issue or is it purportedly resolved. Love FitBit but not happy with this floor count accuracy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MalvernBound  - no formal resolution for the excessive floor counting has been announced.

A restart may help a little perhaps but will not resolve it.

It isn't worth trying a factory reset, because of the potential risk of watch failure and the time needed for watch re-installation if your watch is working well otherwise.

Best Answer
Been a Fitbit user since 2014. This is the first time I have been
disappointed in one fo their products, but what a major disappointment it
is! First it was the vast number of floors I supposedly climbed in my sleep
and now it has developed a phantom gray face that is present at all times,
requiring that I recharge the phone daily.

They seemed to have missed the Beta Testing step on this product and are,
therefore, losing many loyal customers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I average about 20 - 40 floors a day.  I actually do about 10.  I get floors driving my car to work. 

I regret everything about the Sense.  I should have stuck with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes