Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense not working after Swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,  

You advertise you can swim with this watch, the watch allows you to track swimming and the very second time I tried this in the pool, the watch was a total brick. Tried cleaning, holding the button for like 30 seconds, re-charging and nothing gets this watch back on. 

What's more interesting is that upon contacting customer care and being forwarded to the warranty department, I was offered a 35% coupon, because my warranty just recently expired putting me out of the warranty period.

It appears to me that maybe Fitbit sense was not suitable for swimming and it's falsely advertised. In less than a year this is not working and you expect me to foot another 65% of the MSRP towards a new watch? Is this the solution from your end?

So I'm now advised to pay ~200USD from my pocket for a poor piece of equipment manufactured by you and sold to the public? Is this fair?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Is that a rhetorical question?

Within the warranty period, Fitbit claims the watch Is water resistant up to 50 meters and they will stand by it. Once the warranty period is over, you have no claim on water resistance.  As a result, I would not swim, shower, or bathe with the watch beyond the warranty period. Is it fair?  I would say yes.  

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is frustration! that's all. 1 year and 3 months after purchase I wore this device to the pool 2 times and the second time I use it, it's gone (no touch, no display, nothing). So yes, trying to understand how is getting 35% coupon justified!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand how you feel. My watch was put in  Service around the same time as yours I’ve been holding my breath since then. So far so good. I’d try and be happy they offered you a discount for any amount. I know that is not what you want to hear. However, they could have offered zero consolation and be within their rights. I hope you get back to a good place with this. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer