Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense sync trouble and band falling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm new to the smart watch .I'm having trouble syncing my sense watch with my phone it was working now it's not I just need a little help.  Please. Also do other wrist bands fit. I picked my watch up and band fell off

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rylan09 It's great to see you in the Community! 

Let me help you with your Fitbit Sense not syncing and its band falling off. For the syncing issues please try the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. Also, on an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  5. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Regarding the band, please make sure it is being properly secured by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Rylan09 It's great to see you in the Community! 

Let me help you with your Fitbit Sense not syncing and its band falling off. For the syncing issues please try the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. Also, on an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  5. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Regarding the band, please make sure it is being properly secured by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbits bands are notorious for coming loose. Especially some older models. One thing it never mentions is to give them a little tug after the band is on to make sure they have latched properly. My wife has lost two over the years (Altas I think) from bands coming lose. I almost lost an Ionic but it hit my foot and I felt it. I have tried numerous other smartwatchrs. They normally have the opposite issue. Tough to get on and almist impossible to get off. 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer
Thank you so much! I didntt want to break it right away i just got it and
they dont have a screen protector for it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much I appreciate it I just bought the watches like spensive and I didn't want it to break right away and they don't have a screen protector for it yet I've asked I was so upset thank you I really appreciate your help I will do that from now on like I said I don't know much about SmartWatches and I was scared

Best Answer

I restarted my phone after I made sure my other device was a raised and I restarted my Fitbit and it worked thank you and I fix the band problem hopefully and I couldn't find out protector for my screen they said there wasn't one right now thank you so much for the advice I appreciate it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried sending you a reply I hope you got it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the sense today. I'll send it back tomorrow if you don't have a better answer to sync issues than delete all the working bluetooth connections. Try again or be looking for my RMA.

Best Answer

Received Sense today, returning it tomorrow.  Couldn't even set it up.  After 20 minutes on the phone with Fitbit, they had no solutions.  

Best Answer

Sorry to admit the. 40 $ strap I bought off Fitbit pops out all the time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone,

Fitbit Sense would not connect to my wife's Galaxy S5 at all. Luckily, I had a Google Pixel 5 coming for her in the mail, and the Sense connected to it very easily.

I haven't had Bluetooth issues like this with other devices though, so clearly Fitbit is at fault with bad Bluetooth software programming. I hope they fix that.

---

As for the wrist bands, my wife's Fitbit Sense was falling off all the time within the first month, but not mine. I chatted with Fitbit support, and after submitting video proof they said we could do a replacement under warranty.

However it turned out to be easier to just return it to Google Store after chatting with them beyond the 15-day return policy limit and also showing them the videos.

Here are the videos I submitted showing the issue with the watch latches not always springing back to position:

https://youtu.be/inxrZS8NMrY

https://youtu.be/Ns8s7e_JsGM

Other than these two issues, the watches are great. I hope they'll fix these problems in the next iterations.

Uploaded by Joe Pea on 2021-06-17.
Best Answer
0 Votes