Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit dropping Deezer from its supported products

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Email received from Fit Bit today

We noticed you’ve used Pandora or Deezer within the past 6 months and wanted to share an important update. Pandora and Deezer will be removed as of March 31, 2023. This means you will no longer be able to download Pandora stations or add Deezer playlists to your device, nor will you be able to play anything that you have previously downloaded.

Must say that is dissapointing news. I've spent much time building up playlists on Deezer. Will now to switch to Spotify and cancel my Deezer membership.

What are people's thoughts on this ? Spotify any good?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

You might as well buy a Apple Watch for the convenience or garmin for the battery, your choice

Best Answer

So Deezer has been deleted from my Fitbit Versa 2, which is the only reason I bought it. To pay $300 for a watch that only lasts 2 years before it becomes useless has really pissed me off.

Just bought a Garmin to replace it, but shouldn't have to buy a new watch already. 

Any chance of a refund Fitbit? Seems like false advertising to me. 

Best Answer

@Eilish_o As this is predominantly a user to user help forum, it's unlikely to be something any of us could answer. I would recommend contacting customer support (here) to discuss this. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly how I feel. I bought it for the music option 😡
Best Answer

I brought for my steps 🚶‍:female_sign: and exercise my health.

.Trudy Larsen
Best Answer
0 Votes

this is very disappointing from google Fitbit it is the main reason and only reason i subscribed to Deezer (which is more expensive than Spotify) but the ability to have playlist's on your smartwatch without the need to keep your phone with you was a huge advantage with Fitbit.

i notice the Deezer activation page is still on on Fitbit - Fitbit - Get Deezer for Fitbit

hoping this changes or i could well be switching away from Fitbit in the coming months 😞

Best Answer
It won't change at all - they want you to buy their Pixel Watch
Best Answer

I've just bought a Garmin watch. They've put me off buying anything Google-related for life. 

So annoying, I was happy with the Fitbit as it was, wasn't planning on splashing another $300 for a new watch. 

Best Answer
And the saddest thing is that they are completely aware of what they're
doing and they want to kill the Fitbit brand or at least tone it down so
that the versa series doesn't exist at all. It's all to not cannibalise the
pixel watch sales.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it's pretty sad. RIP Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also really annoyed as the Deezer support was the main reason for investing in Fitbit versa 3 as I did not only want to have a fitness watch but a chance to leave my phone at home while running.

I don't understand this harsh reaction... To remove this service completely!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it is meant to be harsh. There is another product called the Pixel
Watch which Google sells under the Fitbit brand. Only problem is that the
Fitbit Versa and Sense are cheaper and have a longer battery life and that
eats into the Pixel Watch sales. So what do they do? They make the Fitbits
worse so that people will instead buy the Pixel Watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're right but than fitbit should say that Sense 2 is not a smartwatch. It is a fitness watch with bigger screen not better than Charge 5. With saying it is a smartwatch lot of people can have a wrong idea especially who used Sense 1 and the older Versas what are really some kind of good watches although usually they wasnt last more than 1 year for me.

Best Answer

Agreed. I would have actually stayed with FitBit had they been better with their communications. People who have bought the Sense with the view to listening to music on the run should have been given an option of a hefty discount on the new Pixel Watch. Had Fitbit say offered £100 off to users who had bought the Sense perhaps that would have swayed me. In any event I have now ordered a Garmin and will retire the Sense.

Best Answer

Which Garmin did you buy? I am done with Fitbit over this issue. Can I download Deezer music to the Garmin? Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Venu 2S.

I can confirm Deezer works just fine on it. Its a decent smartwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I am canceling my Fitbit subscription immediately.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Headman81- if you want on wrist calls and voice assistant consider the similar Venu 2 Plus with slightly bigger screen for better readability, if that is important.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes