Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit sense repeatedly fails to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sense started failing to sync three days ago. I have repeatedly followed the disconnect procedure and it works for a few hours then I look at my phone and the the activity data that was displayed earlier in the day is gone, yet there is current calorie intake data. Unfortunately adding food intake often requires entering a new food and then waiting for several minutes after i hit the log button to actually finish logging the item. 

If it were not for the short battery life i would have moved to a apple watch. every function and watch in the fitbit universe seems to have been cobbled together and my experience with watch failures lead me to pay for an added 2 year warranty which I now regret because even with the warranty nothing works right.  

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Mine worked for a few weeks, then out of the blue started failing to synchronize. I have tried every trick in the book to get it going again:

* Turn bluetooth off and on again on the phone.

* Restart Android app.

* Restart both watch and phone.

* Reinstall Android app.

* Unpair the watch on the phone and replace the Sense device in the app.

* Unpair the watch on the phone, factory reset the watch, and repeat the entire first-time installation procedure.

After unpairing and replacing the device in the app, I got one successful synchronization, but subsequent synchronizations failed.

After unpairing and factory reset, all synchronizations have failed, and the above step of unpairing and replacing the device no longer helps. The watch in its current state is now for all practical purposes useless.

My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact with Android 9. The Sense watch has the latest firmware (44.128.5.38).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on day 4 of my new Sense, and I too am experiencing these same issues. It is frustrating. I am seeing many posts here with this same problem  I was considering the Samsung Galaxy Watch which does all the same functions but I chose the Sence because I had a Versa and liked it. I may just return this watch as I am not seeing any resolves to this issue, just treatments of the symptoms, which do not hold. 😞 I even signed up to the Premium service. I have been enjoying the workouts and recipes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes