Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My profile on Fitbit website says the GPS on my watch is on.  But I've gone thru and disabled in on every excercise that had it on.  I've tried restarting the watch but that doesn't make a difference.  Is there anyway to find out where the GPS is enabled?  My watch has started keeping it's charge for less than a day and I'm trying to figure out if anything is causing the battery drain, or if i need to consider a non-Fitbit watch.  Support's only option was a discount to buy a new watch.  I've barely had this watch for over a year - so it's outside of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @coug81 - it is unlikely GPS is an issue because if it is disabled for an exercise then it is not used. The profile is misleading because what it means is that your watch has a GPS on it. In the profile it can't be turned off and is not used without an exercise you start.

Sudden short battery life can occur for several reasons, a firmware update or a watch face or watch fault, a Fitbit App update or a settings change.

The watch seals are not very robust and deteriorate over time and moistures is most often the cause of battery life less than a day.

However here are some things to check How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes