Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant in UK

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded to OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15), am in the UK and have my Google account set to UK, but in the Fitbit app I see Google Assistant still greyed out as "not available in your region". I did try to set my language to US English, but that did not help, nor several restarts of both phone and Sense. 

Common problem?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yup, same issue here.  I phoned Fitbit today to be told that google assistant isn't available in the UK until end of December 2020.  So, fitbit.com/voice is wrong (since it implies that it's available now).  I guess we wait until end of the year but would be nice if Fitbit got their act together and gave out the right advice on their website.  Little disappointing.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Yes I have exactly the same issue. Not sure why I'm bothered as the on-watch assistant not something i'm likely to use given you need to activate the assistant and have your phone with you... but given its supposedly a feature I'd like to at least have the option to use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, same issue here.  I phoned Fitbit today to be told that google assistant isn't available in the UK until end of December 2020.  So, fitbit.com/voice is wrong (since it implies that it's available now).  I guess we wait until end of the year but would be nice if Fitbit got their act together and gave out the right advice on their website.  Little disappointing.

Best Answer