Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRV, SPO2, Skin temperature API inquiry

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Is it possible to get the HRV, SPO2 and Skin temperature data from the Fitbit Sense using the Fitbit API?

Thanks in advance. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pedro.rodrigues no, they are not available. The question has been raised multiple times in the SDK Development section of this community forum and the answers have been either negative or vague.

My opinion is that it is unlikely Fitbit will release such API otherwise it would have little leverage to have people moving to the Premium membership. Yeah, I know, very disappointing

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

HI @pedro.rodrigues - Happy you found us here! HRV, SpO2, skin temp and more are now available in the Fitbit app under Health Metrics with a Premium subscription. You can read more about it here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner!

Thank you for your answer. However, regardless the Fitbit app with a Premium subscription, do you know if is it possible to export these data to third party apps by calling the Fitbit Web API (e.g. https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/heart-rate/#heart-rate-time-series).

Many thanks.

Best Answer

Afraid I don’t know the answer to that, @pedro.rodrigues

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pedro.rodrigues no, they are not available. The question has been raised multiple times in the SDK Development section of this community forum and the answers have been either negative or vague.

My opinion is that it is unlikely Fitbit will release such API otherwise it would have little leverage to have people moving to the Premium membership. Yeah, I know, very disappointing

Best Answer

@Giampi71 Fitbit could consider giving the API to the developers but make the apps using it require a premium subscription. Just one of the options if Fitbit wouldn't want to cut its own profit. However, I agree with you that it's very unlikely such a thing is going to happen.

Best Answer