Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop water lock on Sense?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is a replacement unit after first one developed permanent black screen. The water lock was working until today when it will not disengage with button press. I have a workaround in that long press is set as short cut to settings which takes it out of exercise mode.

? Issue with button or software, have recently installed latest update.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just received my third replacement and I tested the swim app. This time the swim clock stopped when I pressed the button twice...2 quick consecutive button press. It doesn't stop with one button press. If I press it too long, the long pres set up comes on. May want to try this to see if it works for you.

Oh well...at least it stops this time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Have you tried to reboot the watch? 

Best Answer

It definitely does, have tried to add photo to reply but apparently there is an invalid HTML! Accessible through the exercise option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my third replacement and I tested the swim app. This time the swim clock stopped when I pressed the button twice...2 quick consecutive button press. It doesn't stop with one button press. If I press it too long, the long pres set up comes on. May want to try this to see if it works for you.

Oh well...at least it stops this time.

Best Answer

Thanks, yes that has worked! Will see if it works next time I swim. Third replacement?!! In how long?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 weeks.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to try it today! I realised yesterday than I could not unlock the watch after swimming,so I had to restart the Sense... and I lost my exercise sesión.

I think fitbit should update the message when the water lock is activated, because this advise tells you to to press the button just once...

Anyway, thanks for the answer!!! 😁

Best Answer

I'm a little confused in that the Sense manual has no mention of a Water Lock Feature, and no mention how to turn off the water lock. 

Ok I'll start a swim session. 

Yes a quick double tap paused the swim recording and unlocked the Sense. 

Best Answer

Crikey…seem to be some QC issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Community Forums. @Giampi71, @Tiggerrr and @Rich_Laue Thanks for your great help!

Thanks for your efforts while disabling the water lock. I understand where you're coming from about not having these instructions described in our Help Site and I've reported this to our team so they can review our help articles and work on them. If you find something else that can be improved, don't hesitate to let me know.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit the instructions in the user manual for the Sense and Versa 3 need to be updated also. 

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the heads up. I've reported both our Help site and the User Manual to our team so they can look into them. 

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes