Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive while spinning? Heart rate notification annoyance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense thinks I am inactive while spinning, even if i have started a spinning session in the exercise app on the watch. And it sends me high heart rate notifications because it thinks I have a high heart rate during inactivity–although I am in the middle of a spinning session that I'm tracking. It there a way I can get the Sense to classify my spinning session as active minutes so it will stop with the erroneous high heart rate notifications? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @vickivan and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit uses your lack of wrist movement to decide that you are inactive.  The exact time points and thresholds are proprietary information that Fitbit doesn't share.  I suspect you hold your wrist very steady during your spin class for your Fitbit to think that you are inactive.  Very steady. The easiest way to explain your situation is that the Exercise app and heart rate notifications don't share information.  They don't "talk" to each other.  

According to the Fitbit Blog, these heart rate notifications are designed to help you with your heart health and give you information you might need to share with a healthcare professional. If you feel you need to enable the heart rate notifications, then you should disable the high heart rate notification for your class.  Or figure out a reason to move your arm every now and then during class.  

Again, these heart rate notifications are supposed to help you with your heart health.  Only you can decide if you need them at all.  I'm a very healthy, exercising senior.  I have no need for them.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @vickivan and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit uses your lack of wrist movement to decide that you are inactive.  The exact time points and thresholds are proprietary information that Fitbit doesn't share.  I suspect you hold your wrist very steady during your spin class for your Fitbit to think that you are inactive.  Very steady. The easiest way to explain your situation is that the Exercise app and heart rate notifications don't share information.  They don't "talk" to each other.  

According to the Fitbit Blog, these heart rate notifications are designed to help you with your heart health and give you information you might need to share with a healthcare professional. If you feel you need to enable the heart rate notifications, then you should disable the high heart rate notification for your class.  Or figure out a reason to move your arm every now and then during class.  

Again, these heart rate notifications are supposed to help you with your heart health.  Only you can decide if you need them at all.  I'm a very healthy, exercising senior.  I have no need for them.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks!  I appreciate the info and suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A solution that Fitbit should implement is to deactivate the HR alert feature while exercise mode is started.

Best Answer
0 Votes