Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Google Assistant available in Canada?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have fitbit sense and just updated it. although Google assistant does appear in voice assistants, it says it's not available in my region. 

I am in Canada and Fitbit website says google assistant will be available in Canada

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It will come soon (2020 in English, 2021 French). See more here.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

It will come soon (2020 in English, 2021 French). See more here.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I'm from Sweden and google is available here but I can't choose google or alexa on my sense. What's this!?

Screenshot_2020-11-25-05-22-55-379_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer

@TB_ONE @ it will be available in Sweden early 2021. See more here.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke thanks for the information. So then I was lied to when I bought my sense, i was told that Google assistant was coming later this year. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does say..."Canada (English)" on the website which indicates that Canada should be available right away.

Best Answer

There's link in the footnote. 

Screenshot_20201125-125733.png

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Doesn't matter because it's only half baked Google Assistant anyways. Not like on your phone. It don't even speak. I don't even know why they put this crappy speaker in the Sense honestly.

Best Answer

Sorry I cant read that (too tiny) - all I see on the website is this:

• Canada (English)
  • Canada (French) (available early 2021)

Which I take as English Canada is now available.  What does the footnote says that contradicts that?

Best Answer

@jenkh 

◆◆Calls, texts and notifications available when phone is nearby. Google Assistant available early 2021. Voice assistant availability and features may vary, see here. Applicable subscriptions required for offline music. Spotify and Deezer not available in all countries. Always-on display mode and on-wrist calls require more frequent charging. Fitbit Pay™ accepted everywhere that accepts tap-to-pay purchase. See bank and transit availability here.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Am in the same boat. I get the message "not available in your region" even though I live in northern British Columbia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's great to see you here in the Community Forums. @Marrrmaduke, thanks for your big help!

Thanks for your efforts while updating your watches and using its new features. I'll help you with your questions. Let me explain that while Canada is shown in the fitbit.com/voice site, Google Assistant will be fully available to use in Canada in late 2020 in English only, and in French in early 2021. I do apologize for the information displayed in this site and please know that your feedback will be passed along to prevent any further confusion. For more details about the availability of this and other features, see the Press Release Details.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer

I’m in Canada. Canadian Fitbit web page is advertising sense as being able to support Google Assistant. I just got a watch and set it up but it tells me Google Assistant is not available in my area. Very disappointing. 
Does anybody has similar issues?

Thank you,

Best Answer

Hi, I have the latest updates on my sense and live in Canada. Everything i have read so far says Google assistant should bebworking(Canada English is one of the available countries). But, when I go to choose it, it It says that it is not available in Canada.

Am I missing anything? 

Thanks, 

Candace

Best Answer

Hi @Nataliya.n and @Candyapplered. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing that you got the Sense and for keeping it updated. I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced while installing a voice assistant and let me help you with this matter. While your watch supports Google Assistant, this feature will be fully available to use in Canada in late 2020 in English only, and in French in early 2021. I understand how much you'd like to use it and be sure that our team is working on the Sense so you can take full advantage of its features. You can always see the Press Release for more details about the availability of this or any other features.

See you around.

Best Answer
Thank you, I will be a little more patient 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry Lizzy but it is late 2020.

I ordered after checking https://www.fitbit.com/global/en-ca/technology/voice#google where it clearly states Canada (English) not followed by a date.

I'm not in the habit of researching investor websites to purchase a product unless it is stock.

Best Answer

Hi @Candyapplered, it's good to see you here in the forums. @mcalien3, welcome on board.

Thanks to both of you for sharing your feedback. I understand that our website shows Canada as a supported country and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. While we don't have a time frame when it'll be fully compatible to use, please note that our team is working hard so it can be ready soon. Please refer to our Press Release and Help Forums for further details about the availability of your Sense's features.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I confirm that it's now 2021 and it still doesn't work.  Neither does ecg, and the list of approved banks for fitbit pay is still abysmal. 

Best Answer
I have been using Google Assistant for a while now, maybe 3 weeks. Still
waiting for ECG function
Best Answer
0 Votes