Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Fitbit Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 7 years my Fitbit adventure is over. Started off in 2015 with my first Fitbit device and loved it. I moved on to the Ionic which was amazing and had no complaints about until the recall came around.  That’s when I made the mistake of opting for the Sense. The HR monitor is very inaccurate during weights/workouts. Many discussions with Fitbit regarding the issue and it’s very clear that there is no fix or ever will be. And now after only 6 months of owning the Sense the charger has crapped out. The pin on the charger is pushed in so it’s no longer charging. 
I know I can easily get a replacement charger, but, why should I?  I’ll only remain disappointed with the inaccuracies of the HRmonitor and will likely need a new charger in 6 months time. Fitbit doesn’t care so why should I!!!

So after 7 years all I have to say is …so long Fitbit!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Sense was my  first Fitbit - and last. Astonished by the lack on interest in fixing problems.

Best Answer

Ya solving the issue by purchasing a $10.00 charger is a complete waste of time and money.  Just walk away. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Buying a $10 charger fixes the charging issue but doesn’t fix the ongoing inaccurate HRmonitor issue…..so yes, a waste of time. 

Best Answer

I know this post might get edited or people might say "Who Cares?" but I feel it must be said.

It is with bittersweet annoyance that I must bid farewell to my Sense and Fitbit. I babied this thing from day one and it still failed me. The watch has served me well until the screen fell out in July 2021. Now the replacement screen has followed suit today. I got this to help me with my chronic illness and I expected better quality for the price I spent. It never fails to crack me up to get achievements on flights of stairs I KNOW I didn't make...Which to this day STILL ain't been fixed.

I feel it was some kind of sign this happened as I was debating getting the Sense 2 but wondered if it was worth the money. Judging from the lack of features, the asking price and the fact the Pixel is wanting even more money for something untested, I have to leave Fitbit alone. I just bought a Galaxy Watch and hope it is better than Fitbit. One watch failing is poor design. Two failing is just greed and incompetence and I cannot keep hoping it will change.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I got my Sense 2 last week & the exercise app only worked 2x before it stopped working. I'm really annoyed that I wasted $20 on a year of premium membership - also just disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw that it seemed buggy. It probably came with that update that bricked a lotta people's watches. I refused to update that firmware after seeing the massive amount of complaints it garnered. That was the beginning of the end of Fitbit for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't had a FitBit in ages... Like since 2015ish. They'd always seemed super reliable before so I didn't do any preliminary research. Mistake! I'm within the return window tho so I'm only out the $20 for the year of premium.

Think I might go for the Gamin Venu 2S. But ya..., I'll read reviews before ordering! I've gotta pack up & send this Sense 2 back tomorrow.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Sense. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. Our team constantly works on our products and services, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, you can always check our Help site or get in touch with our Support team by clicking here to receive further assistance. Once again, your comments are truly appreciated and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes