Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fitbit Sense haptic button not working properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my new Fitbit Sense and am frustrated by not being able to get the haptic button on the left side working properly. I've placed my thumb over the indentation as explained in the instructions however, nothing seems to happen. I've been able to set up. I am also disappointed in that the SPo2 Sensor is not operating and I wonder will it be operable here in Japan where I live. I upgraded from the original Fitbit Versa specifically for the benefit of the SPo2 sensor. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It seemed wonky to me at first, too, but now I’m used to it. Instead of thinking of putting your thumb “over” the indentation, try “pressing” it (a short, quick press....don’t “hold” it).....much like you would if it were an actual button. It’s kind of hard to explain, but this works for me.

Original Flex (March 2014); Charge HR; Alta HR; Original Versa; Inspire; Sense; Charge 5; Inspire 2
Best Answer
Best Answer
Thanks for the tip Mike_Croy...will try this solution. I am thinking a lot
of what I do with the device depends on reading the instructions properly
as well. I've always been one of those stubborn guys that thinks he can
figure it out only to learn that I should have read the **ahem** book...LOL😂🍻
Best Answer

Hi @Oldsalt66 - in this case reading the user manual would not have helped - it wasn't in it 🙂 There is now a FAQ https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2086.htm

Ionic = deceased. Sense since 25/9
Best Answer

I found that I had to put my thumb over the button stabilize the opposite side of the watch with my index finger and squeeze the watch between my thumb and index finger to reliably get it to work. It annoyed me at first, but after a few presses it became second nature. I would still prefer an actual button though. 

Best Answer
SPGmd, thx for the info. Agree with you on having an actual button. My
original Versa has that going for it. Cheers n beers! R//--
Have a great Navy/Marine Corps Day!
Best Answer
0 Votes