Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off after having a bath

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, I was having a bath in the gym when, suddenly, my Sense 3 stopped working. I've always been so careful as once, while swimming, I noticed that the watch dint't work well with water. And I've never used it in the shower. But I though having a quick bath would not be a problem.

Now, it doesn't turn on anyway. It's so disgraceful after paying 300 euros in November 2020 for a watch that cannot be wetted, when in 2022 all smartwatches are used for swimming without any problem.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mfcarton - if you look in the forums there are a number of issues with the seals failing or the faces just falling off.

If the watch gets water in it it will fail.Though Fitbit do not advise frequent contact with hot water or detergents.

If it is still under warranty, 1 or 2 years depending on country law, and is faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues that may occur.

Best to contact Fitbit Support directly to confirm the watch is faulty.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @mfcarton - if you look in the forums there are a number of issues with the seals failing or the faces just falling off.

If the watch gets water in it it will fail.Though Fitbit do not advise frequent contact with hot water or detergents.

If it is still under warranty, 1 or 2 years depending on country law, and is faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues that may occur.

Best to contact Fitbit Support directly to confirm the watch is faulty.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@mfcarton With all due respect, I didn't know there were any other Sense editions apart from the first Sense. I think you must mean Versa 3. They look similar, maybe they are both quite flimsy in construction.

Best Answer

Hi, @mfcarton, welcome, I use a "Sense" daily in my local swimming pool (for 90 minutes) and shower afterwards without any problems. Do check your device is charged. It is of course possible you have a hardware fault in which case talk to "Customer Support" here., use the chat facility or phone for a prompt response. If your device is not a "Sense" as suggested earlier please let us know and I will move your posts to the correct forum.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Yes, I meant Sense, not Sense 3. My mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I think you're luckier than me, cause I avoided contact with water and it crashed... Enjoy your smartwatch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I contacted Fitbit and they are sending me a new monitor... Quick, perfect solution.

I also want to thank to all the answers... It seems that there we have a so nice community.

Best Answer