Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPO2 Clockface was stuck and I could not change it.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was recently on a 4-hour long airline flight and the SPO2 screen was locked for at least an hour.  I could not turn it off, or change screens.  It was showing 91% "SPO2 Signature Current" message.  It appeared to correct itself when we descended for landing.  Was the Sense actually reading 91% O2 Saturation during my flight?

I am both a pilot and EMT.  I realize that airliners are pressurized to about 7,000 feet when at cruise altitude.  I did attempt to speed up my breathing for 15 minutes but that did not change anything.  I wish I had another SPO2 sensor to check if I was that low.

Is there a low threshold that the Sense uses to go into this mode?  And is there a minimum length of time at a low SPO2 reading to go into this alert status?  One of the reasons I purchased my first smart watch was the SPO2 capability of the Sense, since I fly gliders and am often close to or above 10,000 feet.

Thanks,

Ernie

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @ErnieH44, welcome to the community, I think you'll find the SPo2 function is only available in certain countries, it depends on where you were. How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? provides advice & information.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes