Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have owned several Fitbits over the years.

I was a satisfied Ionic user until the recall. I had no problems with the Ionic I used. (I did not sleep with it on, however.)

Admittedly, the trade in offer was too good to turn down.

So, I ordered the Sense.

From Day 1 I complained about the haptic touch on the side button. No matter what exercise I was monitoring, the button was difficult to turn off.

Fully realizing I got a good deal on the Sense 1 trade in, I still view the haptic button a design flaw. 

I don't know about other users; but, I would welcome a trade in amount for the Sense 1 to "upgrade" to the Sense 2. I believe we were shipped a beta unit not the final version of the Sense. They were shipped early to clear the marketplace of the Ionic. 

Any other thoughts on this subject?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Make sure that your finger completely covered the button. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

I did learn to do that over time.

My point is that the real fix that is not a "work around" is the replacement of the haptic with a real button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jlsflnj  - the haptic button does work but takes some getting used to.

Worn on the left arm place the thumb to the left of it and first finger to the right, and squeeze so the fleshy part of the thumb covers the haptic area. 

Finger nails won't work.

Watch and hand needs to be dry.

Check if you can get the haptic button to work by practicing just to turn on / off the display.

Also you should note that the Sense 2 is a Sense 1 lite, with smaller battery and no Google Assistant (still not totally clear) and no music capabilitiy. There may be other issues you need to check.

It is unlikely there will be a financial assistance to change models.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I owed the Ionic and loved that device, but with a chip and screen issues, then the recall...

I got the Sense way before the recall, I never had an issue with the haptic button, just touch the side below the notch seems to work. I never let the battery go below 20%, most of the time, I charge it when I shower, either it gets to 100% or doesn't, but I never let it completely reach below 20%. Was worried if the battery was dead how would the haptic button work with no power? Well as for a price discount, I see them using Aluminum instead of stainless steel, no music, possibly not Google assistant, etc... And they charge more for it? You more than likely to win the lottery without ever playing then get a discount. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like this haptic button and find less false presses. 

Fitbit had inlay added this type of button at the suggestion of users. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the note.

I am a distance swimmer. An exercise watch that needs to be dry to change functions, modes, etc. really can’t be considered for exercise, can it?

I can get it to work. My opinion is, it doesn’t work as it should because it can take multiple attempts.

My comment regarding rebate/discount is more to express my disappointment in the product than an expectation that they would actually give one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes