Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/11/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is now available to all customers.

Update 12/8/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is currently in progress. Full release notes can be found here.

Update 11/25/2020: OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15) is now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Announcing the release of Fitbit OS Firmware Update 5.1 (44.128.4.15)!

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

I recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

Agree

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DonRW, I'm also from Canada and received the latest update today.  So, tonight I will be testing the SPo2 reading without the previous required watch face.   Regarding the ECG,  I'm also disappointed that it has not been released here in Canada.   I don't believe Fitbit is the cause of this functionality delay, hopefully we will see it early next year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im in texas and have received the update today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did your update arrive automatically or did you have to do anything to get it?
Thanks for the note.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the update today. Speaker is working, as is Alexa. Disappointed that Google Assistant doesn't talk to me like alexa. 

However, my battery life is horrible since the update. I charged after updating. About an hour later I was at 90%. I was sitting, not working out or playing with the watch, so I'm not sure why the battery is now draining so fast. Anyone else have this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The update came automatically.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Live in Washington state got my update today & really like the Google assistant! So far that's all I've used & volume was great! Didn't have to hold close to my ears to hear it & I'm hard of hearing! 🤣😎

Best Answer

Mine just came an hour ago after complaining on here about the staged rollout.

Best Answer

I just got the new update too. Speaker volume is not very loud at all. Active Watch 2 was so much louder for calls and allowed to make calls too, not just take them. Now just waiting to see if this new update fixed the watch not updating time zones properly, something else the Active Watch 2 done with no issues. And to see if Gmail notifications will ever come through because so far I've not gotten any from Gmail. Yes, I've checked all my settings. Honestly just not sure the Sense is worth the price. Doesn't seem like a Flagship to me. But I will say it's more comfortable to wear all day than the Active Watch 2 was.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my update this evening. Experienced some significant connection issues thereafter but after multiple resets, re-pairing and logins can confirm its working now (fingers crossed I don't jinx it).

Overall assessment,  Google Assistant works well, only text response on screen, no readout from what I've seen, but I can do voice replies to texts no problem. Call on-wrist is working well and person on the other line could hear me well. Overall seems the response of the device is improved, for example, today app opens much faster than before. Will see what SPO2 reading is like after sleeping. Seems a good update once it works properly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into app & select sense & then go to notifications from apps! Make sure correct txt & email & what ever else you want notifications from are selected! I'm getting txt via Google message, also getting Gmail & my alarm system & Blink camera all are coming to sense perfectly! Set up calling & works great tested with my wife! Only thing haven't done is replied to a text! Google assistant works great! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received update 3 days ago in SW Florida. I hear others talking about the speaker being too low. I am sure there will be a fix to make it louder or an app someone will write that will allow the volume to be "boosted". (If not, look forward to Sense2). On another note, some have said the button is 'clunky' which depends on the user's preference. Works perfect for me when I use it to interact with my home automation controlled via Alexa. I just pull the right-hand side of the watch to the left and is activated by it simply pushing the button against the top of my wrist. Pretty slick when on the bike, motorcycle, etc. It Will be just a matter of time before the next update(s) will allow Alexa (or Google) to operate in hands-free mode as you can already do on most smartphones, (and pc), with or without using a wake-word. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to get google assistant to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got Google assistant to work! It doesn't talk to you but txt back at you! You can either set the side button long pressyto activate or swipe screen to left & tap on Google assistant & talk! It will txt someone & call someone! But when calling someone you'll have to talk to on your phone, not on Sense! In coming call works on Sense fine! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, no problem. Used it to dial a call. But much else but it seems fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just done the update. 

Google Assistant now showing in voice assistant settings but says not available in the region. I am in Australia which is on the list and others in Australia seem to have it working fine. Watch and app are both up to date, turned off and on and re synced and still saying not available.

The longer I have the sense the more I am unsure about it. It seems to promote all these different things that I want but they are not available at first, you can only get them if you pay the premium subscription, ECG is not available to all countries. I bought the sense for the more advanced features, if I wanted basic I could have got something else which was not $500aud. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far the update is doing everything it should & haven't found any bugs
yet!
Best Answer

As soon as I added "Sense Controls" to Bluetooth connections, I can no longer sync.

Pixel 4XL - Android 11

[EDIT] If I allow Contact Sharing on the "Sense" it seems to cause problems after I connect the "Sense Controls".

Best Answer
0 Votes
try a reboot on your phone. no issues after adding sense controls on my
note 8.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still does after adding sense control! Make sure in your bluetooth on
your phone you still see a sense in the list by it self, that's for the
app!
Best Answer
0 Votes