Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense OS update (5.2.1)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find the release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here.

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 08/26/2021: Hey everyone! First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Sense members have reported successfully updating to Fitbit OS 5.2.1 Firmware Update (128.5.49), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Sense to OS 5.2.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Sense unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. You can always get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone if you need further assistance.

Thanks again for all the great feedback we have received on this release.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

I received a Sense firmware update to version 44.128.5.49 a couple of hours ago.

But I don't find any information about the update anywhere. Anyone knows what is fixed in this firmware version, or if anything is new?

Thanks,

Vinodh

Best Answer

I would like to know that too.

Best Answer

Me too. Ever since their update (I only know it got updated because my screen frozen for 2 minutes with the Fitbit app) I haven't been able to get any notifications on my watch. I've resynced it, rebooted my phone, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app. I also log into the www page and I still could get

messages to sync with my watch. This just started after their firmware update.

Is this happening to anyone else

Best Answer

Just did the update to 44.128.5.49

my texts, email, outlook, and calls on wrist all work.

All I did was restart the watch and held my breath.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Thank you. I'll try that. The rep ended my chat and still hadn't got it to work. Thanks!

Best Answer

Was this a Firmwate update to the tracker, or an app update to the Android phone? Several of us are experence this issue that has been noted by the moderators. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

AC2AFA5D-03F7-4E31-950A-E4D67495FF84.png

It was a firmware update to the tracker.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since last update

-not all stats are showing daily from health metrics.

-not syncing

-battery flat within 24hrs.

This Sense is turning out to be the biggest expensive load of crap!

Best Answer

Then the first thing to do is check the Sleep and DND modes. 

Best Answer

No issues with my sense it updated twice, first was fine, it updated, but app informed me there was an update, tried again, but it was already updated, so it synced and finished... 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

Yes. Finally in the late afternoon I was able to restart my phone and then I began getting notifications. Before this, I kept getting stuck in the Exercise mode when I tried to restart my phone.

Best Answer

Since the latest software update unless I shutdown and restart my Sense it keeps "looking".  It will sync after restarting.  One problem after another,  This device will never work properly during my lifetime.

Best Answer

Hi @Darwin53 which software update or you referring to. The fitbit app on the phone, or the Sense Firmware? 

I assume when you say looking, this is in the fitbit app on the phone and not on the Sense. 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery only lasting 18 hrs max, gone from 3 days to this. It’s only worked as it should for about 2months out of 6. My partners has gone to crap too after the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondering why do you call the update (OS) 5.2.1 when the real name (OS) is 44.128.5.49. I don't find 5.2.1 on either Sense or in iPhone Fitbit app. Is there a specific reason, I really would like to know. Thanks

Best Answer

Shouldn't the update be labeled firmware update instead of OS? 

Could be splitting hairs on nomenclature...

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner your fitbit tracker has firmware and an Operating system. Many users use these two terms interchangeably, since they both seem to get updated simultaneously. I'm assuming both have gotten updated 

What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update? Still claims 5.2 is the latest. 

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? 128.5.38 which probably also is incorrect. 

The what is new for the tracker seems to mention more about OS updates with trackers that run an OS

@RoxyU I'm happy that you are back up, but I'm confused about why the exercise mode on the phone would start up with a phone restart. 

Best Answer

And where can I find which OS version is installed in my Sense? I can only find the firmware version number.

Actually, only the app calls it Firmware Version. In the Sense menu Settings, it is called System Version, but the number is the same, 44.128.5.38 (still waiting for this new update).

Best Answer

Yes. I finally got my watch to restart & it fixed the notification problem. It was a silent update. 

Best Answer