Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense OS update (5.2.1)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find the release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here.

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

Since the update, my battery life has tanked. I charge every morning and don't have SPO2 features enabled. Before the update, the battery would generally be about 85% when I put the watch on the charger in the morning. Right now, it's about 75%. I've restarted several times, but it's still a problem.

It also seems to not sync notifications nearly as well as before. I may simply not receive the notifications on the watch, even though I'm in range. Or I might clear them on the watch, but they don't clear from my phone. Or vice versa.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 08/26/2021: Hey everyone! First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Sense members have reported successfully updating to Fitbit OS 5.2.1 Firmware Update (128.5.49), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Sense to OS 5.2.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Sense unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. You can always get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone if you need further assistance.

Thanks again for all the great feedback we have received on this release.

Best Answer