Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Smartwatch apps not loading on Windows 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I am using a Windows 10 computer and have successfully connected my Fitbit Sense to the app. I can do everything on the app except for loading an app to use on my smartwatch. As soon as I click on an app from the list of my apps or other apps it goes to a screen with a spinning circle that seems to go on forever:

anonymous213_0-1611550643310.png

I was able to do this easily from my phone, but now with a computer, it is posing some difficulties. I looked at a few other customer forums but the solutions the Fitbit team produced were:

Factory restarting, uninstall/install the app, turn off Bluetooth and on again, remove, and add a device, and a few others that I have already tried. Is there ANYTHING else that I can try?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @anonymous213 @Thetekniktheone Welcome to the Community Forums! @LZeeW It's great to see you here in the Forums and thanks for your input! 

@anonymous213 Sense isn't supported by Windows 10. You need a compatible Android phone, iPhone, or iPad to set up new Fitbit devices. For more information about supported devices and operating systems, please see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

It is possible that you may have inconveniences with some options or features due to compatibility. For this reason, I recommend using a compatible mobile device from the list mentioned above so you can download and install your clock faces.

@Thetekniktheone Can you give more details if you're experiencing an inconvenience? 

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @anonymous213 and welcome to the Help forums.  Fitbit seems to be moving away from Windows 10 compatibility.  You can only set up a Sense on a compatible Android/Apple device.  Users say they can sync with the Fitbit App for Windows 10 after set, just like you describe.  But the Sense isn't really compatible with it.

You must use a compatible phone/tablet to add apps and clock faces.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anonymous213 @Thetekniktheone Welcome to the Community Forums! @LZeeW It's great to see you here in the Forums and thanks for your input! 

@anonymous213 Sense isn't supported by Windows 10. You need a compatible Android phone, iPhone, or iPad to set up new Fitbit devices. For more information about supported devices and operating systems, please see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

It is possible that you may have inconveniences with some options or features due to compatibility. For this reason, I recommend using a compatible mobile device from the list mentioned above so you can download and install your clock faces.

@Thetekniktheone Can you give more details if you're experiencing an inconvenience? 

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why the Windows 10 Fitbit app seems to work for ALL THE OTHER WATCHES???
But not the Sense?

Why not?

When will they fix this?

The curious thing is I just downloaded the fitbit app for Windows!
and it lists almost EVERY Fitbit ... EXCEPT the sense!?!?!?!

I want to get my elderly mother on a FitBit but she is NOT going to get a modern "smart" phone and Windows 10 is what she has on her laptop.

So when will Fit Bit fix that?  Especially  since FitBit seems to synch Windows 10 and all the OTHER products????

THANKS if you or anyone else knows?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @solar2dmax and welcome to the Help forum.  You aren't exactly correct when you say that all the other watches work with the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  You must have a compatible Android/Apple phone or tablet to set up the current devices.  It's been that way since some time in 2019-2020.  Once a Fitbit is set up, users sat it can sync with the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  But I believe this is a quirk and not by design.  

The suggested workaround is to do the following.  I say suggested, because I have no personal experience with this and can't guarantee that it will work. If you log out of your Fitbit app on your phone, you can create an account for your mother and add her Sense.  Now her device is set up and she should be able to sync with her laptop.  But she won't get the best experience on her laptop.  Several features, such as the Sleep Score and Health Metrics are only on the mobile app.  If you are in a supported country, she won't be able to use the ECG, because it is only on the mobile app.  She will need to use your phone to access the Gallery to download any other clock face.  Your mother definitely doesn't need a smartphone.  She can use a tablet.  It doesn't need to be the latest model tablet.  The minimum operating system is 10 for Android and 13.4 for Apple devices.  Amazon tablets aren't compatible.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes