Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

It seems that a number of people may not have updated both firmware and Fitbit app to the latest versions. If all have the latest of both then it would appear that there are varying hardware models. That would make it difficult to fix but not impossible. If that’s the case then the Fitbit team may have a bit of work to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Extremely disappointing! Have the same issue .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to charge 3 times a day with only 2,500 steps and no notifications or extras enabled …

Best Answer

I’m so disappointed in this device! I’ve had the Fitbit sense for 6 months now. It worked great at first. I’m using minimal features. The last few weeks have been awful. The battery can be fully charged then dies significantly earlier than it’s supposed to. When I first got it, it would last 6 days, then dwindled to 2, now it doesn’t even last 12 hours! I’ve read reviews and removed apps, but nothing seems to help. Any advice before I bail on this brand?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t believe this is going on since May according to this thread and no real fix. For me it’s been going on a few days since I updated firmware. I have to charge my Fitbit Sense 3-4 times a day now. I have turned off all extras. Made sure to close out my Fitbit app on my phone. I don’t think it’s fair to have to turn Bluetooth off on my phone just to get it to stop. I need my AirPods and other Bluetooth apps. 

I am researching the Apple Watch to buy and most likely will leave Fitbit behind if this is not resolved soon. 

Best Answer
Hi, it’s a bit of a rubbish workaround but if you go into your iPhone settings and scroll down until you get to the Fitbit app you can turn off its access to Bluetooth there and then you can still use your other Bluetooth hardware. Turn it back on just for syncing.

I did a factory reset on my Sense which fixed the battery drain for me so worth a try if you haven’t done that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too, encountered a fast battery drain after updating the Sense's firmware few weeks ago. Sense's battery gets empty every two days that all along I thought it's a hardware issue but then upon searching online, good thing I found this forum. So I have just updated the Fitbit app and see how it goes for the next hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my device a few days ago and now my charge lasts less than 12 hours. Before the update my charge had decreased to 2-3 days and I was having to restart almost every time I wanted to sync in the morning. My Sense is only 5 months old, very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been draining fast since the stupid update as well and has officially died today.  Will no longer charge at all.  What a **ahem** I should not have upgraded from my charge 4.  4 month old sense is now garbage.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, I charge over night get to 100 then by lunch time I have to charge again and then it’s dead by 6pm. I operate on IOS my husband on Android has not had this issue. 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem.  Just updated my Fitbit App to version 3.43.1 from the App Store.  It seems promising and my drain seems much more  in line with being normal.

Best Answer

Hi,

Its nearly 3 weeks since this fault was raised, how close are you to a fix or can the upgrade be rolled back until a fix is found?? I'm having to charge my Sense every day!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s annoying really! I use an iPhone too . 👎🏾

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 times a day for me now with barely 3,000 steps and no notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating the Fitbit App to the latest version as recommended here, in observance of the Sense's battery, so far battery drains have slowdown. I will have to allow more time if it goes back to normal. Else, perhaps a reset of Sense will help. Updating to a downward firmware version is much harder. 

Best Answer
Make sure you force update the app to version 3.4.3.1

Tim
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting annoying. The Sense is your top of the line product and to have it continuously draining is not acceptable. I force quit the app as recommended and can make it through the day but it won’t make it through the night even after quitting the app. Is there any time line on fixing the issue?

Best Answer

I had the same experience but hopefully it was just a coincidence 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you haven't updated the app with the most recent update, I would give it a try. I'm back to my 4 day or so per charge. Prior to that, deleting the app from my phone worked to keep the charge on the watch from draining so fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes