Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

I haven’t had to charge since yesterday morning too and I’m at 53% this evening after updating the Fitbit app on iOS. Although it hasn’t seemingly gone back to how it was 2 months ago, there is an improvement.

Found it strange that it took Fitbit so long to provide a fix for this! 

Best Answer

Updated APP last night and carried out a full charge at 10pm, 6pm now and still at 84% so I consider the issue resolved. Information from fitbit regarding the problem has been nothing but crap!!! A lot of wasted time and concern that could have been alleviated had fitbit been more open about the issues and advertised on their website that there is an issue.

Best Answer

I updated the app last night.  It took several tries to get it to work but once it was completed the drain has been significantly reduced. Instead of a full drain over night I am down 18%. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least now there is a relieve for consumers of Fitbit. Giving a non bias opinion that Fitbit or any other smart watch brands can not guarantee a 100% performance on the latest release of the firmware unless if in the backend, UAT was conducted as a basis of the expected result. In short, a baseline. 

This forum or community is a good medium to raise any feedback for such and it helps Fitbit to get the users' experience. 

Best Answer

Any update on this issue?  My Fitbit Sense cannot hold its charge and I must constantly force quit the app on my iPhone.  If I don't, the Fitbit drains all charge in less than 8 hours.  The number one reason why I continued with the Fitbit Sense as opposed to the Apple watch is due to the battery life.  Kind of thinking that was a mistake now...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Update your iphone Fitbit app. The new version seems to be working .
Best Answer

I spoke to customer services last night and they walked me through what I need o do to stop the battery drain on my IPhone:

1) Open up Fitbit app on your IPhone 

2) Go to top left and click to open your account

3) Scroll down to Help and Support tab and check what version you have, mine now shows 3,43.1 (1057)

4) If the latest version is not 3.43.1 go to the App Store on your IPhone and download the latest version.

I did this last night and then charged my Sense to 100%; 20 hours later its showing 74% and I have synched several times therefore I consider the issued resolved, just wished Fitbit would have communicated better! 

Best Answer
Done and dusted 🙂

Best regards
Peter
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I'm showing 3.43.1, but my Versa 3 is still draining battery. Charged this morning - already down 20%. After fully charging yesterday, it was down to 19% in the morning. Very disappointed in Fitbit right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hiya,

Not sure if you Fitbit has the same features as a Sense, but if I go to settings on the watch then go to "About Sense" (Device Info etc) it shows System info, mine reads "version" 44.128.5.38, I must say the guy I spoke to in customer service was very helpful.

Good Luck.
Peter
Best Answer

After tears if having Fitbits I upgraded last year and within a year had to contact customer services twice because of not charging.  On the 2nd contact I decided to upgrade to the sense.  Only a couple of months the sense isn’t holding a charge for 24hrs.  I feel like I’ve totally wasted my money - what’s being done to fix this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

PaulK up above summarized what you need to do the best,

3) Scroll down to Help and Support tab and check what version you have, mine now shows 3,43.1 (1057)

4) If the latest version is not 3.43.1 go to the App Store on your IPhone and download the latest version.

I did this last night and then charged my Sense to 100%; 20 hours later its showing 74% and I have synched several times therefore I consider the issued resolved, just wished Fitbit would have communicated better! 

Best Answer
Thank you

I have updated and fingers crossed it’ll work.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Misubi sent this to me

PaulK up above summarized what you need to do the best,

I checked mine and it has updated and not experiencing problems with battery being drained as quick. But that was after turning off gps on all exercises, changes clock faces and forcing my app to close after synching. As it has held reasonable charge have now gone back to me sp02 clock face to see if it makes any difference.

If you have android phone though, or are still experiencing issues with battery charge, contact Fitbit so they can investigate.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks I have done this and so far it seems to holding reasonable charge, but have re added my sp02 clock face and see if it still keeps the charge.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi my App and watch are the latest versions. The only way I can stop the battery draining is to turn Bluetooth off for most of the day. I turn it back on to synch first thing in the morning and last thing at night. After synch is complete I turn Bluetooth off.

This is less than ideal.

Come on Fitbit sort this out.

Philip

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense (a Christmas 2020 present) dies in less than 4 hours after charging all night.  I even turned on the Sleep mode and manual wake to conserve battery and do not use the sO2 feature/face and it still died by noon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick update.  I am now 48hrs since my last full charge of my Sense.  I've lost 31% of the total capacity.  At this rate I should get 5 to 6 days before I need to peak it again. This is with all of the features activated including SP02 and GPS.  So far so good with the latest firmware for my Sense and the app update for my iPhone.

Best Answer

Same with me I updated firmware and it is at 32% in 12 hours. I was remote camping for 4 days just prior to update and still had plenty of battery.  Makes the sense useless. They need a fix and quickly.

Best Answer

Sense six months old, firmware up to date, IOS Fitbit app up to date, IOS up to date, recently the Sense quickly loses battery charge, how do I stop this constant loss of charge. Tried remedies mentioned in this thread.  How do I fix this annoying issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes