Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My fitbit Sense is three days old and the battery has already needed recharging. I don't have any notifications (email, phone, health) on and don't have the display on always on. I turned GPS off all the exercise tracking options. Which leads me to question why I bought a smartwatch that needs all the smart options turned off to deliver promised battery life. The battery has already drained 12% in seven hours. At this rate I will need to charge this six day battery every two days.

I am so disappointed. I am regretting this purchase already. 

Any insight or help is appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99
I had the new Sense for couple months now and was working fine lasting 5 days but suddenly the battery is draining with a day or 2!!! I have not changed anything in terms of setting or usage! The only thing I recall is that SpO2 stopped syncing with Fitbit app a week before the battery issue started again.
That is kinda frustrating and disappointing to say the least. Fitbit needs to seriously look into solving their battery issue from their manufacturing or engineering or IT department. Relying on us users trying to fix the issue by eliminating or stop using certain features is not an honest solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've encountered this problem as well, except my battery is dying in less than 12 hours. It began with sync issues which got progressively worse over two or three weeks. Then I did a hard restart on the device, and now it won't stay charged. I contacted help and they provided me battery saving tips and told me to change my watch face, but for the battery life to go from lasting many days to less than 12 hours is a HUGE change in functioning that does not correspond to me changing anything on the device or the way I interact with it. Two weeks ago I was on a work trip without my charger for 5 days and it stayed charged the whole time, and it was still at 30% when I got home to charge it. I have had the same watch face, I do not use any of the music playing capabilities or GPS, I haven't used it any more often than usual or in any different way. This is obviously a faulty watch or upgrade issue and not a user issue.

Best Answer

A couple of days ago my battery started draining quickly lasted only 3 days instead of the 5-6 days it previously lasted 

I think I found a fix i uninstalled the sp02  app also turned off GPS on certain exercises i restarted it then charged to 100% ..so far so good (fingers crossed)

Best Answer
How did you turn off GPS on certain applications?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello 

I swiped to exercise on the device clicked on the ones I don't use ie: cycling then checked the GPS was off

Best Answer
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome...I also find restarting it just before you charge helps as well and if you don't use the sp02 app uninstall that as that can also affect battery life

Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do use SpO2. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also shutting off the features they provide because they tanked the software on the watch isn’t acceptable. These issues weren’t an issue when I bought my watch but started after the last watch software/ firmware update. 

Best Answer

I am also getting a replacement. I don't like that i have to send the old one back before they send the new one, so I will not have a step counter (even one that doesn't work as it should) for about two weeks. Also that they won't credit that time with out a device to my premium account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the most part, I use about 30% of my Sense's battery each day. I charge it every day when I'm in the shower. Over the last three weeks, I've had three instances of the battery draining much faster, in 4-6 hours. Each time, the battery would drain in a few hours, then it happened again the same day. Then it stopped for a while. I haven't tracked the dates this happened. I thought it was something I did or a watch face I used. However, it happened again today (drained in 4 hours) and I had a different watch face and haven't exercised. It seems to be fine right now (90% four hours after charging), so I don't think it will happen a second time today.

Really weird behavior. I'm curious to see what others have found helps and if I should contact support.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 

I had the same problem but now it seems I've found a fix

I swiped to the exercise app I turned off the GPS on the ones I don't use 

I also uninstalled the sp02 app I then restarting device charged it now happily getting the 5-6 days battery life again 

I think it was a glitch with maybe an update as it seemed to happen to a lot of folks all around the same time

Maybe try the above steps and see if it also works for you

Best of luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, as well as sharing your feedback about this situation. I see where you're coming from about not being able to take advantage of your Sens due to the battery life. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and because our suggested tips didn't work, I'd recommend to get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone so they can provide you with further assistance. Please click here to find their contact details.

@Newtripley Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. Your posts are very helpful!

@Roel_kokonut I'm glad you already have a case created and please keep an open communication with our team. That way, they'll be able to investigate and help you with this matter.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m charging every24 hrs. It’s dead before sleep tracking can complete. I’m so disappointed. I’ve had it barely two weeks. 

Best Answer

It's not just the SP02 clock face,it's the GPS that can drain your battery as well! I charged mine yesterday and went out for a walk,I didn't use the SP02 face last night but the battery is down to 45% this morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Hardybush196164. Welcome to the forums. @SunsetRunner It's good to see you around and thanks for your great insight.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand how you're feeling and just to confirm, may I know the model of your phone? Our team is aware of a battery short life issue experienced with the Sense when syncing with iOS devices. They're currently working on this and hope to have a fix soon. If this applies to you, please keep an eye to this thread so you can receive more updates about this issue.

In case you have an Android phone, I'd recommend following the tips described in this help article to monitor your watch's behavior. If the issue persists, get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. To get connected with them via chat or phone, just click here.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! I took it off a month ago after having it 2 weeks. Battery needs charging every morning. Goes dead while

i sleep. I bought it to track my sleep. Now forgot I even own it. I’m MAJOR disappointed. I won’t buy another Fitbit item, EVER !!!!!

Best Answer

Hardybush, I am very curious since you are getting hit as hard as I was just a few days ago with the battery drain, if you go into the Fitbit app, remove your sense.  Then go into Bluetooth and unpair your sense.  If you recharge it to 100% and just let the watch run independently from your phone, I am very very curious to see if the high drain rate stops.  It was driving me flipping crazy too

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your participation in the Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced with your Sense, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. If you're using an iPhone, please let me share that our team is aware of the battery short life issues caused by the Fitbit app for iOS devices and they're currently working to get this resolved as soon as possible. I'd recommend to check our this thread so you can receive more updates about this situation.

I will be closing this thread to further comments. However, if your Sense isn't holding charge and you're syncing with an Android device, I invite you to start a new topic to receive help from the Community, or get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone so they can evaluate your options.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Sense is experiencing battery issues, let’s try some of the following steps: 

1. Check to see if you’re using high battery use features. For more information please visit Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  2. Please follow the charging tips in this Fitbit help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?
  3. Let’s try a restart. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes